Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Highest Expected Smartphone?

I've had many Android phones. One's from HTC, Samsung, LG, and even Blackberry.
    But, from all phone's I've liked so far is the HTC One X+. Mainly, Because HTC worked hard so to provide us with the best, and natural display around.
    I hated Samsung because of their Over-Saturated colors. So, I prefer natural colors. Every company nowadays is trying to make 1080p displays, and this is the part where it gets annoying.
    Which Smartphone does truly deserve our cash?
    So, my main question is, Which Smartphone will you get when the 1080p era is here?

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Default Re: Highest Expected Smartphone?

You must not be a root user or care about development. Samsung has one of the best developer relations programs as well as Sony. HTC blindly attacked a developer threatened him to change the name of his site pull out all the ruu's and their lawyer being a was saying he needed to remove all his custom sense ROMs causing a nice backlash. yeah HTC really thinks about its consumers :rolleyes:.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

If you're talking about James Taylor at htcruu.com, then you need to fact check just a little before posting. 30 seconds of googling, and I was able to figure out that both sides of that disagreement have settled things amicably. HTC doesn't appear to be attacking anyone.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amadkins View Post
    If you're talking about James Taylor at htcruu.com, then you need to fact check just a little before posting. 30 seconds of googling, and I was able to figure out that both sides of that disagreement have settled things amicably. HTC doesn't appear to be attacking anyone.
    Yeah I'm aware but they clearly aren't thinking before they jump and technically he had every right to the name as long as he didn't use their logo's they are using their corporate weight to bully us around. But if your into that kind of crap by all means.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Yeah I'm aware but they clearly aren't thinking before they jump and technically he had every right to the name as long as he didn't use their logo's they are using their corporate weight to bully us around. But if your into that kind of crap by all means.

To be honest, if HTC made an attack, it would of been an advantage to the consumer,because if you flash roms, Ur phone is practically dead. But, lets not jump onto an another subject. I just wanted opinions,that's all

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by M5TheRed View Post
    To be honest, if HTC made an attack, it would of been an advantage to the consumer,because if you flash roms, Ur phone is practically dead. But, lets not jump onto an another subject. I just wanted opinions,that's all
    OK please explain the logic behind this because that makes absolutely no sense to me.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

OK please explain the logic behind this because that makes absolutely no sense to me.

My main point was that you guys were jumping to a different subject. My subject was simple. Just asking people what phones do they want to get as soon as 1080 p phones arrive. Sorry if there was a communication issue..

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

My pick will be Samsung because when modified properly those "oversaturated" screens look amazing and I don't have to have my phone registered to have it bootloader unlocked.

Sony because again developer relations are getting better and their hardware has finally come up to par with its competitors and they have awesome screen tech anyway.

AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,922 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

My pick will be Samsung because when modified properly those "oversaturated" screens look amazing and I don't have to have my phone registered to have it bootloader unlocked.

Sony because again developer relations are getting better and their hardware has finally come up to par with its competitors and they have awesome screen tech anyway.

They still aren't capable of a true white. They are always going to be cool or warm even if it's only the slightest amount.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    They still aren't capable of a true white. They are always going to be cool or warm even if it's only the slightest amount.

Im with Kevin on this one.
    Samsung's colors, to me, are just ridiculous. I prefer natural colors like how HTC uses them. But again, its all just opinions.
    Topgonzo likes this.

Agreed with previous posts that Samsung colors are ridiculous.. Go with the HTC one x

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    Agreed with previous posts that Samsung colors are ridiculous.. Go with the HTC one x

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Already got the one X+. You're missing the point, Mr topgonzo ;p.
    My main point was that which upcoming 1080p phone would you purchase/prefer?

You must not be a root user or care about development. Samsung has one of the best developer relations programs as well as Sony. HTC blindly attacked a developer threatened him to change the name of his site pull out all the ruu's and their lawyer being a was saying he needed to remove all his custom sense ROMs causing a nice backlash. yeah HTC really thinks about its consumers :rolleyes:.

Way to hijack this persons thread with useless, irrelevant information. Start your own thread.

Global Posts
    10,403 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post

True blacks are king on Samsung. Nobody does it better

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    4,286 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Personally I'm staying with my Skyrocket until I can either get a 920 or trade it for an iPhone 4S.

I've been using Microsoft services bolted onto Android for a while and the experience with those are superior on iOS or Windows Phone, so I'm ready to make a switch. Outside of switching for those UX (and UI, in many cases) benefits, I could care less what's coming out or what screen resolution it has. I'm totally burnt out on watching technology move at a breakneck speed and it's time to focus on things that are more worth my time - things that actually matter.

Android OEMs and their countless throw-away devices + the community's attitude of "hack it or GTFO" in regards to updates (Security, OS Upgrades, or anything) has completely turned me off from this platform for the moment. I'm barely even interested these days.

Global Posts
    4,286 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    True blacks are king on Samsung. Nobody does it better

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Nokia makes better screens than Samsung, and they're OLED with true blacks.

Samsung screens aren't all that good, and haven't been great since the first SAMOLED and only because LCD was so damn bad back then. The Lumia 900's Clearblack screen was superior to what they had on the GS2, and the Lumia 920's OLED screen is easily superior to anything Samsung has on the market. Even the One X's screen is better, and the screens from LG and [especially] Sony give them a run for their money. Peronally I preferred the screen on the Xperia ion to the GS3 (brighter and crisper).

Samsung also seems incapable of making phones that don't randomly fry SD Cards, as well.

If I ever consider another Android device, it will be a Sony. They aren't over-themed/over-customized and their designs do for Android what Nokia does for Windows Phone. They use top notch build materials, as well, and their media ecosystem isn't ignorable (and better than Google's own).

I'm hoping the Nexus 5 will be 1080p.
    Though I'll also be getting the S4 this year so hopefully that'll be 1080p as well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Please go buy your iPhone and leave. I'm begging you make things nicer around here.

Global Posts
    4,286 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Please go buy your iPhone and leave. I'm begging you make things nicer around here.

Personally I'm staying with my Skyrocket until I can either get a 920 or trade it for an iPhone 4S.
    Don't troll me. You already have one infraction. Don't work so hard for the second one.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

I'm not your unhappy with android why bring a site meant to be used to either improve it or express our enthusiasm for it down with your always negative attitude towards it. If you dislike it that much get what will work for you and stop poisoning this place with your crap outlook.

Global Posts
    4,286 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

I'm not your unhappy with android why bring a site meant to be used to either improve it or express our enthusiasm for it down with your always negative attitude towards it. If you dislike it that much get what will work for you and stop poisoning this place with your crap outlook.

The site is meant to discuss Android and Android development. Without criticism complements wouldn't exist. That's simply the way the world works. The fact that you disagree is good. It's what spurs discussion. If that wasn't the case, every thread here would be just one post with a million Likes or Thanks followed by "I Agree!"

As for my outlook. I posted no such thing. The OP asked a question. My response simply is that I'm done buying into an ecosystem that obsoletes its hardware like clockwork ever 3 months. That's a decision, and somewhat of an opinion, not an outlook. Did I say Android would fail (an outlook)? No. Did I say they'd be overtaken by Apple in WW Market Share (an outlook)? No. I simply said I don't care to buy any of their devices that get released months later than Europe in the US, which is months closer to when they'd be obsolete, which happens too fast and forces hardware resale values to bottom out at an accelerated pace.

Updates are also an issue - not just OS upgrades but fixes for stuff like the fact that on ICS the Skyrocket cannot upload images to Picasa Web Albums. Bug has been there since the ICS update released, and never fixed. It's like SkyDrive Camera Uploads or Photo Stream breaking on those OSes. That would never go unfixed that long, but that's par for the course on Android. Poor software quality is overlooked because you can "hack it and fix it." Carriers also lock down features, like on a stock ROM you cannot Talk Voice or Video chat with anyone except on WiFi using any AT&T Android phone (you should know this). Skype doesn't have this limitation, and it simply works much better on other platforms than on Android (no BT Support (always cuts off shortly after the call starts), no true Background Support, doesn't support PUSH Notifications, etc.).

Plus, Android phones have crap resale value in this area. People are selling some iPhone 4's and most iPhone 4S' (never mind 5's) for more than Galaxy S3's these days. It's a bit ridiculous. iPhones with broken screens are fetching more cash than mint-condition GS3 devices. It's that out of whack.

That's completely independent from the App/Services Support and UX/UI issues I mentioned earlier in my thread.

I mean, the lack of proper Facebook/Twitter integration is also an issue (something most Android OEMs have been ripping out of their customizations, and it's not in Stock Andorid - I'm talking beyond "Share"), as well...

I tend think my opinions are well-reasoned.
    Last edited by n8ter#AC; 02-15-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

All I've ever seen you post is negatives you have not once expressed any joy in using android so why continue.

Global Posts
    4,286 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

All I've ever seen you post is negatives you have not once expressed any joy in using android so why continue.

I don't get joy from using a phone (is this Android Central or Cult of Android?). The only thing I experience when using tech products is frustration when they don't work the way they're supposed to.

I use these things to get work done, not for entertainment.

I've used extensively all 4 major platforms on the market right now and my attitude towards all of them is the same. My posting history on those forums speaks for itself. Knock yourself out.

Some people don't mind, and some people (especially the Windows Phone folks), do. The forum moderators can ban if they feel the need to, and I never have anything negative to say about that stuff if that's what they choose to do, because I don't ever plan on putting on a façade to surf the internet - sorry.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

So then why even bother with these forums you're the troll if anything all your doing is venting frustration so how about pulling the stick out and go get laid or something.

Global Posts
    4,286 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

So then why even bother with these forums you're the troll if anything all your doing is venting frustration so how about pulling the stick out and go get laid or something.

You call me a troll and then proceed to personally attack me? Hypocrisy, much?

I'm reporting that post because history has shown that others don't give me the same leeway I have tended to give them. I'm retired from that.

Take it to PMs if you want to discuss further. Your rhetorical questions have caused a thread derail.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast