MightyText Privacy Concern?

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone use Mightytext? I just tried it for a few minutes and it was great until I read the privacy policy. Uninstalled it and everything but I was still able to log in, and there's no FAQ or anything concerning with DELETING the account. I know there's no actual account being made to delete but I revoked access but still was able to log in etc.

Aside from that, for those that do use Mightytext, are you worried at all about the privacy policy?

If you don't know the policy here is the link: MightyText Privacy Policy

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone use Mightytext? I just tried it for a few minutes and it was great until I read the privacy policy. Uninstalled it and everything but I was still able to log in, and there's no FAQ or anything concerning with DELETING the account. I know there's no actual account being made to delete but I revoked access but still was able to log in etc.

Aside from that, for those that do use Mightytext, are you worried at all about the privacy policy?

If you don't know the policy here is the link: MightyText Privacy Policy

Honestly I have yet to read a privacy policy.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
A few parts of the policy that concerns me are:

Links: MightyText may keep track of how you interact with links in Updates by redirecting clicks or through other means. We do this to help improve our Services, including advertising, and to be able to share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on.

Text Messages: Our Services are primarily designed to help you share information privately with whom you choose. None of the information is ever made public, unless you explicitly opt-in for that.

Non-Private or Non-Personal Information: We may share or disclose aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, such as usage patterns or link click statistics

And I don't know if you guys know but they keep your texts for months, maybe years.