Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By sparksd
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default System UID's inconsistent

Hi, good day to everyone. I am a new comer to this forum and I do hope that I can contribute in someway to this forum.
    At present I am having a problem with my tablet. An alert message states that I need to I I need to swipe my data partition to àvoid unstability.
    How can I do this best? Thanks

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts

Default Re: System UID's inconsistent

I ran into this over the weekend on my Nexus 7 and the only recovery that worked was to do a factory reset. That wouldn't even work from the settings menu - I had to boot into recovery mode and force it through that. What a pain having to completely rebuild.

I did a search on this issue and was unable to determine whether it was due to malware or some accidental corruption of the system. The popup I got on my Nexus was:

"System UIDs Inconsistent UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable" followed with an option to click a button saying "I'm feeling lucky".

It was this button aspect that led me to believe it was malware but I have no proof.

Dave

same problem here. nexus 7 gsm
    when booting the system UIDs Inconsistent..
    what is going on..HELP

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts

I think you will find as I did that there is no fix other than a factory reset --

1. Turn off the device if it is turned on, and connect it via USB cable to your computer
    2. Press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down, and the Power Button at the same time for about three to four seconds to turn the device on, if done correctly you’ll see an Android lying on its back.
    3. Use the volume buttons to navigate to the Recovery Mode option, and press the Power Button to confirm your choice
    4. The device will restart, and after a few minutes the device should boot to a screen showing an Android with a red triangle, press and hold the Power Button and Volume Up on this screen for about two seconds and let go to make the menu options appear
    5. Use the volume buttons to navigate to Wipe Data / Factory Reset and press the Power Button to confirm your choice
    6. Use the volume buttons to navigate to Yes and press the Power Button to confirm your choice

thank you spark..
    my device is roored so all i need is to boot into recovery. wipe data and factory reset.. i will need to backup properly before doing this.. starting over again is a big headache
    but i really wonder is it a malware..it is strange
    thank for your advice.. much appreciated

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Wow man thx so much sound real easy if you tell it thxx alot

amigo mi problema creo que es mas serio, borré todo de mi tabla android 4.0, pero todo, pues le dí formato tanto a la sd como a la memoria interna, ahora solo se queda en el mensaje android...... que puedo hacer, no logro instalar ni el recovery ni nada.....

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ring on Virgin Mobile and I got the same "System UIDs Inconsistent" message. Do I do the factory reset from the settings menu? After doing the reset will I have a problem reactivating my phone with my carrier?

I found another solution.

have a look@ /data/system/uiderrors.txt
    there you will find the apps, that are responsible for the trouble, delete them (manualy if necessary) and you are fine, reinstalling the apps brings the error back though.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

sparksd
    That worked like a top untill I got to last menu.
    When I was trying to use the volume down button, which does not work on my phone.
    I haven't figured out how to hilite Wipe Data / Factory Reset.

Anyother ways to do this?

there is a note at the bottom that reads "I'm Feeling Lucky." If you hit that I'm feeling lucky section, it will allow you to access your phone. I would then copy all of the notes and files that you need before thinking about wiping the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by sparksd View Post
    I ran into this over the weekend on my Nexus 7 and the only recovery that worked was to do a factory reset. That wouldn't even work from the settings menu - I had to boot into recovery mode and force it through that. What a pain having to completely rebuild.

I did a search on this issue and was unable to determine whether it was due to malware or some accidental corruption of the system. The popup I got on my Nexus was:

"System UIDs Inconsistent UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable" followed with an option to click a button saying "I'm feeling lucky".

It was this button aspect that led me to believe it was malware but I have no proof.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Seif View Post
    I found another solution.

have a look@ /data/system/uiderrors.txt
    there you will find the apps, that are responsible for the trouble, delete them (manualy if necessary) and you are fine, reinstalling the apps brings the error back though.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

Where do you find that .text file?

Unhappy Re: System UID's inconsistent

I have a problem and I want to please help
    I have CTAB700 a few days ago I deleted the data from the SD card and from that day there she redémare all alone once I clik to off and I power it again I find a plac written in ops
    System UIDs Inconsistent
    UIDs on the system are inconsistent you need to Log wipe your data partition or your device Will Be unstable and written button
    I'm feeling lucky and when I ésseyé to join it not function
    so please please please help me