FroYo on D1, DX and DInc by Aug 6th?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
According to Android Spin: -- Thoughts anyone?

It looks like Android 2.2 (Froyo) will be making its way to your devices very soon. Thanks to a Verizon tipster who claims that the Motorola Droid X, the HTC Droid Incredible, and the Motorola Droid will be receiving the Android 2.2 update at the same time. He also stated that this not a rumor, but confirmed. He said that HTC and Motorola will be release Android 2.2 simultaneously and will start pushing out the Android 2.2 update beginning August 6th, which is next Friday. It’s expected to hit all of these devices by August 15th. That’s great news and potentially adds substance to the rumor that the Motorola Droid 2 will ship with Android 2.2.

Keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your device.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
According to Android Spin: -- Thoughts anyone?

It looks like Android 2.2 (Froyo) will be making its way to your devices very soon. Thanks to a Verizon tipster who claims that the Motorola Droid X, the HTC Droid Incredible, and the Motorola Droid will be receiving the Android 2.2 update at the same time. He also stated that this not a rumor, but confirmed. He said that HTC and Motorola will be release Android 2.2 simultaneously and will start pushing out the Android 2.2 update beginning August 6th, which is next Friday. It?s expected to hit all of these devices by August 15th. That?s great news and potentially adds substance to the rumor that the Motorola Droid 2 will ship with Android 2.2.

Keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your device.

Wheres the evidence and support if its confirmed and not a rumor? When it comes to rumors and 'confirmed dates' with Android its not something to hold your breath over.

Droid was supposed to get 2.1 in the middle of January, then the middle of March. It didn't come until April. Flash was supposed to be launched with it, and this all before the end of the first quarter. Now flash wasn't even released with 2.1 but will be with 2.2- so fact or fiction either way, don't hold your breath :)

hossberry

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
and I've got property in the everglades

well rumors are abound and we have heard this back in June it must be the same guy going around about every three weeks saying that 2.2 is coming.

i heard the same thing that 2.2 was going to start on the 13th of july

until Verizon say's that 2.2 is coming don't hold your breath and even then take it with a grain of salt:cool:

acidsamuraix

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Verizon said end of July for the Droid at the press conference when they officially unveiled the X, so early August sounds feasible. They never said July 13th, so mentioning that is useless.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
All I know is that as soon as the official OTA for 2.2 comes out, I'm going to unroot/flash back to stock 2.1 and load the OTA. Then I will tae my Droid in to Verizon for a new/refurbished Droid.

My Droid, for some reason, will not run ANY Froyo 2.2 roms. It always locks up, freezes, FCs a lot, and has unresponsive touchscreens and softkeys.

Been waiting for them to officially release 2.2, so I can tell them something is not right with my Droid.

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Verizon said end of July for the Droid at the press conference when they officially unveiled the X, so early August sounds feasible. They never said July 13th, so mentioning that is useless.

I was just looking for that "announcement", because I remembered it that way, too, but all I found was the usual in-house screenshot showing the planned Moto Droid update to be "late July". In any case, that seemed a lot more concrete than this latest "August 6th" rumor does.

I pretty much had the July timeframe set in my head and was pretty certain it would be this month, which I don't normally do unless the info seems "official" (suggesting that maybe I did see that announcement from Verizon somewhere). It is true, though, that even if VZW said late July that it would likely be later, since they have a track record of never meeting their first target date. That might explain why the rarely ever seem to give us any date that would count as official until the update is eminent.

Right now, I'm thinking that the lack of chatter about this topic means either:
(a) bloggers aren't really focused on what happens with the Moto Droid anymore; afterall, even talk about the official Froyo update on this forum is virtually nonexistent compared to the 2.1 frenzy
(b) all credible leaks at Motorola and Verizon have been plugged
(c) We aren't that close to the actual release date yet

Oh well, it'll get here when it gets here. In the meantime, I can just be mildly entertained by reading about it and anticipating its arrival at any time.

-SR-

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
So, late 2012/early 2013. Gotcha. Cool. I wonder if it'll be in the wild before that.

Why do I start feeling like we're bringing the Crackworld over here?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
So, late 2012/early 2013. Gotcha. Cool. I wonder if it'll be in the wild before that.

Why do I start feeling like we're bringing the Crackworld over here?

Because we all left crackberry.com for this place. Soon we will see crackberry Kevin here!

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
The true test of Google's coolness, will be whether 2.21 comes out after they've moved on to new phones. One could make the argument that 1.6 phones never got 1.61, but, there was not nearly the volume of G1s compared to Nexus 1, Moto Droid and Droid Eris. We'll have to see if they respect the masses of people that really got them off the ground, with tweaks and improvements down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34