The unthinkable

kcswartz

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I need to dumb down a smart phone. With fewer good basic phone options out there, I force to get my parents smart phones. What is simple and easy for us to use is not for them. I'm looking for advice on widgets or apps to make them easyer to navigate, for my own personal sanity. Odds are I'll end up putting them in a Evo, evo lte or, galaxy s3. Phone, text, map, and camera is about all that it will be used for. We all have the simple icons for those but, even that has them confused. Thanks for what ever help.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
One good thing iPhones are good for is that they're simple to use. If you need to learn how to use a smartphone that would be a good place to start.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I second "BIG Launcher"--> https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...unes.android.launcher.activity&token=ajP7SpCp

Installed it on one of my backup Android phones for my Mom so she wouldn't be overwhelmed but still have access to the important stuff & she loves it.
She had no need or interest in anything else the phone can do & hasn't explored at all...but that's all she wanted & is quite happy.

Also installed her "WidgetLocker" but kept it simple--> https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker&token=AOww1KiT

Lastly, so she wouldn't be bothered by all the Notification bar stuff I installed her "StatusBar+"--> https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.tombarrasso.android.wp7bar&token=LzwU8jrv

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I need to dumb down a smart phone. With fewer good basic phone options out there, I force to get my parents smart phones. What is simple and easy for us to use is not for them. I'm looking for advice on widgets or apps to make them easyer to navigate, for my own personal sanity. Odds are I'll end up putting them in a Evo, evo lte or, galaxy s3. Phone, text, map, and camera is about all that it will be used for. We all have the simple icons for those but, even that has them confused. Thanks for what ever help.

Why not an iPhone? Best idea for easiest to learn.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I'd say iPhone. Great all around phone and really is user friendly

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta