- 1 Posts
I need to dumb down a smart phone. With fewer good basic phone options out there, I force to get my parents smart phones. What is simple and easy for us to use is not for them. I'm looking for advice on widgets or apps to make them easyer to navigate, for my own personal sanity. Odds are I'll end up putting them in a Evo, evo lte or, galaxy s3. Phone, text, map, and camera is about all that it will be used for. We all have the simple icons for those but, even that has them confused. Thanks for what ever help.
- 02-16-2013, 06:31 PM #2
- 02-16-2013, 09:30 PM #3
- 02-16-2013, 09:49 PM #4
Re: The unthinkable
I second "BIG Launcher"--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ncher.activity
Installed it on one of my backup Android phones for my Mom so she wouldn't be overwhelmed but still have access to the important stuff & she loves it.
She had no need or interest in anything else the phone can do & hasn't explored at all...but that's all she wanted & is quite happy.
Also installed her "WidgetLocker" but kept it simple--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...w.widgetlocker
Lastly, so she wouldn't be bothered by all the Notification bar stuff I installed her "StatusBar+"--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...android.wp7bar
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
- 02-18-2013, 05:24 AM #5
- 02-18-2013, 06:38 AM #6
- By CrackBerry Kevin in forum BlackBerryReplies: 78Last Post: 10-11-2013, 01:44 AM
- By rickydavis1051 in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 33Last Post: 11-14-2012, 01:56 AM
- By Jennifer Chappell#CB in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 54Last Post: 12-14-2009, 09:59 PM
- By pinguino1 in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 9Last Post: 05-26-2009, 10:44 PM
- By corona24life in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 11-17-2008, 02:37 AM