Removing email account from Google Play? (impossible?!?!)

gargavf

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 gmail accounts set in Google Play. I want to remove one or both. (one really).

One of the email accounts has my name in it, I don't want it on there.

I tried choosing Settings..Apps and Clearing Data.and powering off and turning it on but the accounts are still there.

I called Google Play store and they said there's no way and that you'd have to delete the account completely. That is absurd, I wouldn't as I have emails in there. And it's absurd that seems to be no or no obvious or easy option to remove it

Any ideas?

Last edited:

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
You remove it by removing your Google account. I'm guessing you have 2 gmail accounts set up on your phone. Go to setting/accounts/Google. Enter the Google account you want to delete and select remove account.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

gargavf

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
@Whats
I see 2 accounts on my phone in settings, but no option to remove it.

It says
Settings
Wireless
Device
Personal
Accounts
Google
Add account
System
date & time

So, it says "Add account" but not "remove account".

@junkie
As for going to google play store on my pc... I can do it logging in with the account that I don't want with it, but there's no way from there to do anything related to my phone, it doesn't seem to work like that.

gargavf

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
@Purple I do not want to delete my gmail account from Google / from existence. It has emails in there, I do not want them gone. Please see the question.

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
What device and os version do you have? On my device you have to be in the account to delete it.
Say you have Google A and Google B and you want to remove latter account.
You go settings, accounts, Google, Google B,
Once you inside Google B you should have option to sync or remove account.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

gargavf

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I see the option to removenow
Tap Settings..
(now it says settings at the top)
(scroll down)
Accounts
Google
Add Account

^^^ Choose Google

Now it says Google at the top.

Accounts
youracc1@gmail.com (last synced)
youracc2@gmail.com
privacy
maps and latitude
search
location settings
google+
ads

Choose the one you want to remove so tap the email address. e.g. youracc1@gmail.com

Now the screen says "sync" at the top
and it says
Calendar
contacts
currents
drive
gmail.
google photos
google play books

At that ^^^ screen, see the button in the right right that looks like 3 small squares one on top of the other.. Tap that
it then says
Sync now
remove account
help

Choose "remove account".

It is now removed from google play store and calendar.

also, when you add an email account to google play store, it adds it to calendar and to google email app. it's all shared one account.

lucas waronicki

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
what if it is a yahoo email account? i just got the galaxy note 3 and it is my first android phone so i didnt know that they hate yahoo for some reason. my phone keeps giving me a popup to retype my password for my yahoo account but when i use the password that works on the computer every time it never works on the phone. since it is yahoo it doesnt show up in the google settings

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon