Problem with FoxFi on MetroPCS LG Motion

autotraveler

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I have an LG Motion on MetroPCS with PdaNet+/FoxFi installed. Here's my problem, I can't get FoxFi to work reliably with my Samsung laptop.

Some websites will work, like Gmail but at the same time, google.com will not. At the same time Yahoo Messenger will work while yahoo.com won't. It's the same if I am using Firefox or Chrome.

My iPad has no problem connecting via FoxFi nor does my Sony BluRay player where I use the phone as a WiFi router to stream Netflix and Amazon Instant Video to that device.

Is there some setting in my browser that is the problem, why some low bandwidth websites don't work but high bandwidth sites like Gmail do?

I have no problem using the PdaNet USB tethering option, that works like a charm on my laptop, typically at 3-4Mps.

Can anyone help?

One last thing. This laptop problem with Foxfi has been ongoing, since I got the phone in November. The LG Motion is rooted. Strange thing was that yesterday, I got and installed a software upgrade. It is running Android 4.0.4 which my device says is the latest version, that I am up to date. Last night, after the software update for a while, Foxfi worked perfectly with no problem accessing any website and my upload speed to my photo server was 4.2Mps then it stopped connecting.

What am I doing wrong? Does anyone here have suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol