wallpapers question

martyah

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello -
I wanted to install some wallpapers from the Google Play Store until, that is, I read the ?fine" print. The wallpapers are free, but with the following caveat:

?This app will add a few search access points on your device. If you do not want to use this new search page, you can either ignore it or delete it. If you do use it, we get a few cents and it will help us a lot to keep developing more apps. If you don?t, you can delete it and no harm is done (our app remains the same, no need to uninstall it!)."

Can someone explain in a bit more detail what is meant by ?a few search access points"? Is this something I should really stay away from? And how easy, really, are these to delete (and do they leave behind any residual data)?

Cheers, all; appreciate any help with these questions.
-martyah

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I treat that the same as if I was doing it on my PC and wouldn't install it. There are several legit wallpaper apps, there was a thread recently about it. If I find the name, I'll post it. But the android central website has a wallpaper section if you just want cool images.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

martyah

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, gnr_2, I thought installing those wallpapers might not be the best idea, which is why I posed my questions.

Cheers,
-m

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Found the thread. All the below mention wallpaper apps, but again, if you just want images, check out the main website in your mobile browser. There are thousands to choose from and well categorized, though I just used the random selection over and over and found several that I liked. I even have them as my iPod touch wallpaper for the lock screen and home screen. Hope these help.

Wallbase has the most High Res pics I can find on a phone app right now.
PicSpeed Wallpapers has started uploading High Res pics lately.
Zedge has very few but I'm sure it'll grow quickly.
I like Flikie HD because you can set it to randomly change wallpapers at any set interval. Unfortunately,it keeps crashing on my Nexus 4. I have been looking for a similar app, but they only switch your downloaded apps.Any recomendations ?
Wallbase is my go-to app for wallpapers.
Sent from my DNA
If you have an exact 1920x1080 image and don't want any cropping to occur, download the live wallpaper "Simple Image Wallpaper". I tried Quickpic, Wallpaper Wizardrii, and Image2Wallpaper, but none of them played nice with the DNA.

As for wallpapers, I usually mine from Flickr or art blogs :)

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown