Websites for Creating Android Apps

Akshay Surpuriya

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Is there any site where i can make totally free android apps and also get the source code?????????????
if there isnt such a site....which is the next best option..............

thanks for reading.....
thanks again if you prefer to answer.......

Last edited by a moderator:

siczek.p

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......

Make apps and also get the source code? Do you mean like the websites that let you build pages with templates? Doubtful. I'm not sure someone would offer that since everyone and their brother would then try and sell said apps after minimal modification

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Take a look at PhoneGap and the MIT App Inventor. I haven't used MIT's Inventor project, but I have used PhoneGap briefly as part of a large project. I can't say whether the MIT App Inventor will return full source code at the end, but PhoneGap works by building apps with web APIs (CSS 3, HTML 5, etc.).

PhoneGap may do what you want, but it won't be a native Android application.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: Websites for Creating Android Apps

You can develop for free on Android, all you need is to visit

http://developer.android.com/index.html

There all info how to get started there :) i recommand to learn how system works and its structure ( things like Activity, Service, Intent, Manifest, Layout) before even start thinking about application. Android application work like ordenery application and its use heavily object oriented nature of Java and you might be confused at begining.

Akshay Surpuriya

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Odp: Websites for Creating Android Apps

@shadowriver....ur point of view is correct...but at the moment i am keen on releasing a audio collection app....i ll visit your given site....then i will know if it works out for me or not...thanks

turnin

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Odp: Websites for Creating Android Apps

When you say audio collection do you mean like a sound recorder ? Or media player ? Both are possible with MIT appinventor but appinventor does not produce java. Phonegap will do the same and will compile Java but you'll have to write it in javascript. If you want to do something like maipulate sound files or do augmented reality then youll need to learn java and use the android sdk. Big learning curve.
If you havent programmed before consider spending a day or two with appinventor, it has access to most of the sensors and has a very easy to learn blocks based system. performance isn't wonderful but it's not bad either.

Appventive

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

Take a look at PhoneGap and the MIT App Inventor. I haven't used MIT's Inventor project, but I have used PhoneGap briefly as part of a large project. I can't say whether the MIT App Inventor will return full source code at the end, but PhoneGap works by building apps with web APIs (CSS 3, HTML 5, etc.).

I played around with the MIT Inventor a few years ago when it was still the "Google App Inventor" (MIT picked it up after Google discontinued it). Its actually pretty cool and does generate code that will run on Android, though at least when it was still Google App Inventor, it was not possible to publish the code to the market. But, maybe that's changed.

Good luck!
Steve

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma