Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

Default What's the best Tablet and Phone combo

Hello

I am hoping to comeback to Android rather soon. I was wondering what is the best Tablet/Phone combo I am not after anything like the Padfone though that is a pretty neat feature. I am asking for which devices work best together?

I am thinking about the Nexus 4 / Nexus 10 combo what other combos will work well?

Advice would be much appreciated.

Default Re: What's the best Tablet and Phone combo

Well in terms of tablets the best to get would definitely (in my opinion) be the Nexus 10 as for phones it depends on what you want with your phone. The Nexus 4 is a great choice though as it has amazing specs, pure Android and you'll get the latest OS upgrades first for the next few years.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

Xperia Z Combo?

I don't think the latest updates really bother me that much as long as the apps I have work! Updates sometimes break apps for support and apps is highly important to me.

I'm going to have to agree with Demonic on this. The Nexus 4 and Nexus 7, or Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 combinations are hard to beat.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

Default RE: What's the best Tablet and Phone combo

Would ot be wirtg getting a nexus 7 now? Wont Google be releasing the nexus 7 2 soon?
    Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by mafu6 View Post
    Would ot be wirtg getting a nexus 7 now? Wont Google be releasing the nexus 7 2 soon?
    Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express
    Rumour has it yes, that's why I'm waiting until Google I/O in may is over to see if it's announced.

My personal opinion of the perfect combo would be an OEM Android device (I want LTE) and a Nexus Tablet for my fast update fix. Best of both worlds for me. I can live with carrier delayed updates to the OS on my phone because I'm a rooter and a tinkerer so I'm usually able to find and use apps from 3rd party devs that will imitate most of the newer features on newer Android versions.

Tablets are a different story though since there's less tablet optimized apps available. Since I use my tablet much more than my phone for anything outside of GPS, music, and communication, I really want the new bells and whistles that may show up on newer versions of the OS on my tablet most. I can take care of that on my phone through other methods.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

As others have said, Nexus 4 and 7, or Nexus 4 and 10. If you choose the former, you might want to, as you yourself said, wait until Google I/O to see if a successor to the 7 is released.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

If I choose to be totally impatient I'm hoping that like the Nexus phones have been supported then the Nexus 7 should be supported the same?

Nexus 4, 7, 10 should all get looked after with updates until Android Lollipop?

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

If I choose to be totally impatient I'm hoping that like the Nexus phones have been supported then the Nexus 7 should be supported the same?
    Yes.

Nexus 4, 7, 10 should all get looked after with updates until Android Lollipop?
    Definitely until at least 5.0 or 5.1.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

I have ordered the Nexus 4 and a dbrand skin, I noticed them on another website before this, and a Poetic bumper as no official ones. Apparently customer service at Poetic is superb..

Anyway now I have a decision to make do I go for the Nexus 7 or 10? I can afford either so that isn't an issue. Which one will be supported longer by both Google and the Developer community??

Can'w wait for the Nexus 4 to get here.. oh Android how I have missed you... How long have people experienced for shipping? I'm in the UK if anyone knows.

Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    Rumour has it yes, that's why I'm waiting until Google I/O in may is over to see if it's announced.
    At this Google I/O you speak of, are there any rumours of a new Nexus phone or updating all of the Nexus devices?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Verttex View Post
    At this Google I/O you speak of, are there any rumours of a new Nexus phone or updating all of the Nexus devices?
    Google I/O last year introduced the Nexus 7 and Android 4.1 (Jellybean Version 1). Usually a new Nexus phone is introduced around about November time. I personally think they will introduce a new Nexus device 7 maybe a better screen a faster processer and a 64gb version. Who knows I haven't read any leaks recently...

Google I/O last year introduced the Nexus 7 and Android 4.1 (Jellybean Version 1). Usually a new Nexus phone is introduced around about November time. I personally think they will introduce a new Nexus device 7 maybe a better screen a faster processer and a 64gb version. Who knows I haven't read any leaks recently...
    I am just about to be able to upgrade my phone in May and I am switching over to a new line on my families Verizon plan (from sprint). I was wondering if there might be a Verizon Nexus be announced.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

Nexus 4 is $299 sim free..I don't really know how it works in the US but I'm guessing Verizon is CDMA only?

My personal phone and tablet combo, is an htc one x and nexus 7. Very happy with both.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by Verttex View Post
    I am just about to be able to upgrade my phone in May and I am switching over to a new line on my families Verizon plan (from sprint). I was wondering if there might be a Verizon Nexus be announced.
    Sorry to tell you this, but there will most likely never be another Nexus phone on Verizon after the whole GNex debacle.

Galaxy Note2 and Note 10.1. I have both and really like the combination.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

Probably want to wait till the N7 2 comes out. However I agree with Demonic N4 and N7 are unbeatable. However, have you considered the GN2? That is kinda in between and probably costs less.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex trebek View Post
    Probably want to wait till the N7 2 comes out. However I agree with Demonic N4 and N7 are unbeatable. However, have you considered the GN2? That is kinda in between and probably costs less.
    It can be beaten by the N4 and N10. :P But both combos are awesome.

As long as you don't have care about LTE
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

Nexus 4 came in 2 days via TNT if anyone in the UK is wondering. Very happy with it so far. Still undecided on the tablet front. Thinking of possibly getting the Xperia Z tablet.. Decisions decisions...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

What is the cost of the best combined Tablet-phone HTC?

Global Posts
    2,932 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

This thread is still here? Heh heh

Currently have a nexus 5 and nexus 7...and love it despite being denied SD support from Google. Living Sense-Free and Touchwiz-free for the first time and it is awesome.