Car Chargers Killing Your Phone's Battery

eronfaure

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
There's considerable debate out there on how car chargers will or won't kill your battery life. I can't seem to get a straight answer out of anyone or through any website so I'm turning to the community. What are your thoughts?

King Howie

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I think the main thing is to use a charger matched to your phone's needs. Also, I generally wait until I've started the car to connect my charger. I imagine there's a bit of stress on the electrical system while the car is cranking over

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
There's considerable debate out there on how car chargers will or won't kill your battery life. I can't seem to get a straight answer out of anyone or through any website so I'm turning to the community. What are your thoughts?

The thing to worry about is that it supplies enough power to actually charge the phone. So it will either not charge or charge slower than most other chargers. My car charger for instance is rated to output 5V @ 700amps. While most wall chargers are rated to output 5V @ 1amp (some are now 1.2amps). The worst you can do is charge it too fast or over charge which could cause it to over heat. Car chargers are fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair