Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried to type out my thoughts on the first two points, but I'm too tired. It was incoherent.

Most of you don?t modify your home screens much. In fact, after the first month of use, approximately 80% of you don?t change your home screens any more.

This is one of the three things their "research" uncovered? I modify my homescreens very little after the first month of having a device or flashing something to it, and I completely believe that this is the case with most users. The potential complexity of Android homescreens is a benefit when setting it up, but has no influence on day-to-day use. Day-to-day use doesn't require me to re-arrange my homescreen. Isn't that the point?

In my mind, I expected somewhat more 'significant' points, such as usage of application icons on the homescreen, app drawer usage patterns, how users organize their homescreens, how many screens are used and at what frequency, preferred methods of interaction with widgets, preferred density of information on widgets, preferred location of widgets on the screen... things like that. Those are the things I would first start studying if I were to design a launcher or other type of homescreen experience.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well I know Live Tiles aren't widgets but I'm in that 20%. I do change my live tiles around a lot. As for Android, because that's my tablet I only use it for a few things, my Nokia Lumia is my main device.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
That article made me realize the core problem sense always has had and that is it was too widget based. I like a few widgets myself, but sense caters to people who want to have widgets for everything! Their research is correct and I'm glad they are addressing the issue, just wish they would of overhauled the hideous notification bar too. Can't win them all I guess

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995