The Future of Google

Can Google truly do this in a span of 3-4 years?

• Total voters

KlineAJ

Jul 8, 2010
www.KlineAJ.com
Hello everyone,
I have stepped out of a time machine from 2017 and have news for you about the future of Google and okay maybe I did do a little deductive reasoning but nevertheless behold... The Future.
Google is now the number one computer company bypassing Apple and coincidentally Exxon as the most highly valued company in the world in the year 2016. The reason being is this:
1) Google with the launch of Android 5.0 brings all its operating systems under one roof. Chrome OS = Android OS and vise versa; this is done to give the Chromebook line (especially that surprisingly high cost Pixel a reason to be bought); apps (including Chrome Web apps) work seamlessly across both platform devices. Further improvements for the operating systems further tie them together and lines begin to be blurred to the point where your Android system is now completely backed up in the cloud.
2) Glass becomes the iPhone phenomenon for Google; they are now normalized Glasses with functionality that does not even require voice as eye movement is tracked and gestures from hands are able to dictate what you want. Plus with your Google enabled car with Volkswagen being the first to offer it you can drive totally hands free as the car drives itself!
3) Google shapes itself into a hardware and artificial intelligence company as it realizes ads will not generate sustainable revenue long term as the move to mobile diminishes their value.
4) Motorola begins to make a comeback by creating pure Google devices designed by Google; talking devices with battery lifetime of at least 2 days of heavy use with retina quality screens and overclocked quad cores and octo cores becoming the norm with 4-6 GB of RAM.
5) Google will make a reattempt at Google TV and capture it with its new OS primarily because Google Fiber is now being rolled out into large metro areas and it is a requirement in order to use Google Fiber. (Plus the Google TV works with everything Google which everyone has so... why not?)

What about the other guys?
1) Microsoft horribly fails with Windows 8 on PCs and with the dismal sales Microsoft reshapes itself into a shell company that gives out licences for a fee and retires itself to creating high enterprise and backbone IT platforms.
2) Blackberry leads to become the 3rd most popular mobile operating system and looks to overtake Apple iPhone.
3) Samsung leaves android soon after the success of Motorola and Glass and turns to Tizen to power its devices; Tizen quickly makes lovers of the Galaxy brand leave in droves for Motorola as a result as Tizen can not compare to pure Android OS.
4) Amazon takes their Android splinter and partners with Ubuntu to create what many call the upcoming Android; only sold through Amazon Wireless however and not in stores (Best Buy is dead anyways).
5) Apple is struggling with its overhead that it created in its frantic moves to keep the crown away from Google and has reduced the premium image of iPhone to a anybody phone with the release of the cheapo iPhone. Not surprisingly Apple captures most of the last hemorrhage of users of Windows for its Mac platform (which also took a hit on its premium image; now talking about just mid spec PC price points for similar Mac products). Apple does however have some success with its iWatch but is a little too late to the wearable devices party and looks to LeapMotion technologies to make its comeback.

This is what I came up with when I got bored with my theology homework; what do you guys think? Can any of this ever happen? Google is a true strategist so I say it is possible.

anjali_jain

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Google company has a bright future. No any company challenge it in near future. Google does always something interesting from time to time. Like it's recently launched Google glass andnow coming with Google shoes.

KlineAJ

Jul 8, 2010
www.KlineAJ.com
Google company has a bright future. No any company challenge it in near future. Google does always something interesting from time to time. Like it's recently launched Google glass andnow coming with Google shoes.
Haha Google shoe was just a demo not an actual product to ever come to commercialization but yes they are very innovative.

Evoken

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Google is definitely killing it as of late and they are going up and up with no signs of stopping. As a Google fan I am glad about this and like to see the company grow and succeed. That said, I think your post overlooks Google's biggest threat and what is, in my opinion, the company's achilles heel: antitrust/privacy issues.

It is not Apple, Microsoft or Amazon that pose the biggest threat to Google. Google is doing and will continue to do well competing with them, they will be able to hold their own turf (search & advertising) while also cutting into the core markets of these respective companies: competing on devices against Apple, office suites and enterprise solutions against Microsoft and shopping/delivery services against Amazon.

What Google needs to be careful with and guard against are the antitrust parties that are looking for something, anything to pick the company appart and it also must ensure that people trust the company when it comes to privacy, avoiding mistakes on this area that could end up with people distrusting the company and by extension it's services. Google is very transparent about what they do with our data and that is a huge plus for them in my book, but the huge majority of people do not know about this and have never read Google's privacy policy. Their fault you say? Perhaps, but I think it is in Google's interest to take the first step and educate the general public more openly about this so that they find out from Google itself (and not from a skewed Microsoft campaign) that a computer scans their emails for keywords in order to place targeted ads.

KlineAJ

Jul 8, 2010
www.KlineAJ.com
Google is definitely killing it as of late and they are going up and up with no signs of stopping. As a Google fan I am glad about this and like to see the company grow and succeed. That said, I think your post overlooks Google's biggest threat and what is, in my opinion, the company's achilles heel: antitrust/privacy issues.

It is not Apple, Microsoft or Amazon that pose the biggest threat to Google. Google is doing and will continue to do well competing with them, they will be able to hold their own turf (search & advertising) while also cutting into the core markets of these respective companies: competing on devices against Apple, office suites and enterprise solutions against Microsoft and shopping/delivery services against Amazon.

What Google needs to be careful with and guard against are the antitrust parties that are looking for something, anything to pick the company appart and it also must ensure that people trust the company when it comes to privacy, avoiding mistakes on this area that could end up with people distrusting the company and by extension it's services. Google is very transparent about what they do with our data and that is a huge plus for them in my book, but the huge majority of people do not know about this and have never read Google's privacy policy. Their fault you say? Perhaps, but I think it is in Google's interest to take the first step and educate the general public more openly about this so that they find out from Google itself (and not from a skewed Microsoft campaign) that a computer scans their emails for keywords in order to place targeted ads.

I agree that most likely will be their biggest challenge to overcome.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I think that the future of Google at least for the next five years will be one of absolute success. Google will have to muster all the patents it can in order to protect and further it's innovation... that will be key. Another thing to watch is Samsung. As they grow more powerful, will they challenge Android with an OS of their own? I don't see that as much of a threat now because Android is... skyrocketing. The mobile world is better because of Google and yes... also because of Apple.... minus the lawsuits. Google glasses are just the tip of the iceburg.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Nice! My only suggestion is to add more about the future of other OEMs (like Asus, HTC, LG, and Sony). I assume Asus will also become more popular and powerful as they've become very innovative and cutting-edge as of late.

ba11sy

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I have stepped out of a time machine from 2017 and have news for you about the future of Google and okay maybe I did do a little deductive reasoning but nevertheless behold... The Future.
Google is now the number one computer company bypassing Apple and coincidentally Exxon as the most highly valued company in the world in the year 2016. The reason being is this:
1) Google with the launch of Android 5.0 brings all its operating systems under one roof. Chrome OS = Android OS and vise versa; this is done to give the Chromebook line (especially that surprisingly high cost Pixel a reason to be bought); apps (including Chrome Web apps) work seamlessly across both platform devices. Further improvements for the operating systems further tie them together and lines begin to be blurred to the point where your Android system is now completely backed up in the cloud.
2) Glass becomes the iPhone phenomenon for Google; they are now normalized Glasses with functionality that does not even require voice as eye movement is tracked and gestures from hands are able to dictate what you want. Plus with your Google enabled car with Volkswagen being the first to offer it you can drive totally hands free as the car drives itself!
3) Google shapes itself into a hardware and artificial intelligence company as it realizes ads will not generate sustainable revenue long term as the move to mobile diminishes their value.
4) Motorola begins to make a comeback by creating pure Google devices designed by Google; talking devices with battery lifetime of at least 2 days of heavy use with retina quality screens and overclocked quad cores and octo cores becoming the norm with 4-6 GB of RAM.
5) Google will make a reattempt at Google TV and capture it with its new OS primarily because Google Fiber is now being rolled out into large metro areas and it is a requirement in order to use Google Fiber. (Plus the Google TV works with everything Google which everyone has so... why not?)

What about the other guys?
1) Microsoft horribly fails with Windows 8 on PCs and with the dismal sales Microsoft reshapes itself into a shell company that gives out licences for a fee and retires itself to creating high enterprise and backbone IT platforms.
2) Blackberry leads to become the 3rd most popular mobile operating system and looks to overtake Apple iPhone.
3) Samsung leaves android soon after the success of Motorola and Glass and turns to Tizen to power its devices; Tizen quickly makes lovers of the Galaxy brand leave in droves for Motorola as a result as Tizen can not compare to pure Android OS.
4) Amazon takes their Android splinter and partners with Ubuntu to create what many call the upcoming Android; only sold through Amazon Wireless however and not in stores (Best Buy is dead anyways).
5) Apple is struggling with its overhead that it created in its frantic moves to keep the crown away from Google and has reduced the premium image of iPhone to a anybody phone with the release of the cheapo iPhone. Not surprisingly Apple captures most of the last hemorrhage of users of Windows for its Mac platform (which also took a hit on its premium image; now talking about just mid spec PC price points for similar Mac products). Apple does however have some success with its iWatch but is a little too late to the wearable devices party and looks to LeapMotion technologies to make its comeback.

This is what I came up with when I got bored with my theology homework; what do you guys think? Can any of this ever happen? Google is a true strategist so I say it is possible.

you left out in " In 2018 Google's Android OS becomes self aware (a real life Skynet) and takes over the human race"

- - - Updated - - -

whoops, didn't mean to re-quote your entire post...