Blu Products

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Meet the tiny, Florida-based phone maker that thinks it can beat Samsung

Sammy Ohev-Zion starts our chat with an economics lesson. It costs every company about the same amount to manufacture a phone, he says ? the price of an Nvidia processor and a Sharp display is consistent whether HTC, Nokia, or Motorola is signing the check. But those costs are only a small piece of the price you wind up paying when you walk into a Verizon store and buy that phone ? which either costs upward of $500 or requires a hefty two-year contract. You're also paying for Samsung's nine-figure marketing budget, HTC's HR department, or Sony's huge New York City skyscraper. What if you could buy the same high-end phone from a company without all that cruft and overhead? How much would it cost?

DrKrizzle

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd be interested to see how they work and if they can be rooted... At that price, would be good for family members.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'd be interested to see how they work and if they can be rooted... At that price, would be good for family members.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

At that price would be good for ME. This just proves that I've been paying the major large phone manufacturers a ridiculous markup to cover their high overhead costs. And inflated carrier prices. This year I've had enough and I'm drawing the line. I don't mind paying more money if I'm getting full value for what I bought. But when I'm not it just ticks me off. The large brand names aren't giving me the best for what I pay them anymore, so F 'em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol