Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Ry
  • 1 Post By omniusovermind
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,673 Global Posts

Default Blu Products

Meet the tiny, Florida-based phone maker that thinks it can beat Samsung

Sammy Ohev-Zion starts our chat with an economics lesson. It costs every company about the same amount to manufacture a phone, he says the price of an Nvidia processor and a Sharp display is consistent whether HTC, Nokia, or Motorola is signing the check. But those costs are only a small piece of the price you wind up paying when you walk into a Verizon store and buy that phone which either costs upward of $500 or requires a hefty two-year contract. You're also paying for Samsung's nine-figure marketing budget, HTC's HR department, or Sony's huge New York City skyscraper. What if you could buy the same high-end phone from a company without all that cruft and overhead? How much would it cost?
    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4) - Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1) - Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)

What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

DrKrizzle and jrb363 like this.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock... for now

Default Re: Blu Products

I'd be interested to see how they work and if they can be rooted... At that price, would be good for family members.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Blu Products

Quote Originally Posted by DrKrizzle View Post
    I'd be interested to see how they work and if they can be rooted... At that price, would be good for family members.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    At that price would be good for ME. This just proves that I've been paying the major large phone manufacturers a ridiculous markup to cover their high overhead costs. And inflated carrier prices. This year I've had enough and I'm drawing the line. I don't mind paying more money if I'm getting full value for what I bought. But when I'm not it just ticks me off. The large brand names aren't giving me the best for what I pay them anymore, so F 'em.
    jrb363 likes this.