Sammy Ohev-Zion starts our chat with an economics lesson. It costs every company about the same amount to manufacture a phone, he says — the price of an Nvidia processor and a Sharp display is consistent whether HTC, Nokia, or Motorola is signing the check. But those costs are only a small piece of the price you wind up paying when you walk into a Verizon store and buy that phone — which either costs upward of $500 or requires a hefty two-year contract. You're also paying for Samsung's nine-figure marketing budget, HTC's HR department, or Sony's huge New York City skyscraper. What if you could buy the same high-end phone from a company without all that cruft and overhead? How much would it cost?a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!
- 03-18-2013, 02:49 PM #2
- 03-19-2013, 12:45 AM #3
Re: Blu Products
- By nmohi in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 9Last Post: 02-06-2010, 09:31 PM
- By nmohi in forum T-Mobile G1Replies: 0Last Post: 02-04-2010, 05:40 PM
- By nmohi in forum T-Mobile myTouch 3GReplies: 0Last Post: 02-04-2010, 05:39 PM
- By nmohi in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 0Last Post: 02-04-2010, 05:38 PM
- By nremtp550#AC in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 10Last Post: 11-10-2009, 01:50 AM