When will the S4 be available for pre order ?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just going to have to wait and see, nothing is written in stone yet except an April release date and then what release are we talking... Global? Euro, USA? Carriers will also dictate when it gets dropped too because they need time to put all their bloat onto it.

satannik

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Just going to have to wait and see, nothing is written in stone yet except an April release date and then what release are we talking... Global? Euro, USA? Carriers will also dictate when it gets dropped too because they need time to put all their bloat onto it.

I see.. I was wondering for the US release date, and as always we get the low end phone . No octa-core for us.

Sent from my HTC Vivid 4G running CM10 using Android Central forums

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I would definitely not call the 1.9 Ghz Qualcomm 600 a 'low end' phone. I know what you mean about missing the octa-core but let's be realistic for a second, do we really NEED 8 cores on a PHONE? Certainly not! Think of it this way: The 600 series will have greater support from the general development community since it will be in the S4, HTC One, LG Optimum G Pro, etc. I would much rather have a processor that has a little less 'oomph' but greater standardization throughout the community when it comes to running apps and updates via CM or the OEM.

satannik

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I would definitely not call the 1.9 Ghz Qualcomm 600 a 'low end' phone. I know what you mean about missing the octa-core but let's be realistic for a second, do we really NEED 8 cores on a PHONE? Certainly not! Think of it this way: The 600 series will have greater support from the general development community since it will be in the S4, HTC One, LG Optimum G Pro, etc. I would much rather have a processor that has a little less 'oomph' but greater standardization throughout the community when it comes to running apps and updates via CM or the OEM.

Yeah I know, all I meant was that we always get something a little less than announced

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I know, all I meant was that we always get something a little less than announced

Do you really think the 600 series will be less though? I mean, at this point hardware is about even across the board. My point that was with software optimizations the 'extra' power of the octa-core would simply go to waste as developers steamline programs for the Qualcomm series. Just my 2 cents, I'm no programmer. :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Keep an eye on your carriers website. It'll be posted there once it's available for pre order.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

satannik

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Keep an eye on your carriers website. It'll be posted there once it's available for pre order.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

It will be released April 23rd to my knowledge. Read it online today :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci