DNA or galaxy s3

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Got an upgrade due now. Looking for thoughts on which is better. Opinions please. Signal is themosy important factor to me. I love in a fringe area.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
DNA and it shouldn't even be a debate
-WAY BETTER SCREEN
-s4 pro vs s4
-better build quality
-If signal quality is a concern HTC demolishes Samsung in radio quality

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Is battery life similar between the 2 phones?

Cannot comment about the s3 but with my time with the DNA I would average around 15 hours between charge and I would say I was a moderate to heavy user. I had long commutes to school where I would stream music and long breaks between classes surfing the web.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
On my dna I average about 9 to 10 hours on a charge on normal days and I am a very heavy user on 4g. The last two days I've been WiFi and right now I'm at 47% with 11 hours and 36 minutes on charge.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
On my dna I average about 9 to 10 hours on a charge on normal days and I am a very heavy user on 4g. The last two days I've been WiFi and right now I'm at 47% with 11 hours and 36 minutes on charge.

I probably use a lot more wifi than you which would explain my 15 hours of average discharge time.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
This is a post from a member who has both phones, and I think he offers good insight into the choice between the two.

"I went back to my s3......

And you know something? It's really hard to decide which phone I like better  The DNA does some things marvelously well. The speaker phone is beyond amazing. Responsiveness, call quality, screen are all superb. The feel of the phone in your hand is much better than the S3. On the other hand, some apps don't seem to play all that well on the DNA, mainly having to do with display weirdness. They are fine on the S3. The screen of the S3 is somehow better than the DNA - things seem to float off the screen to me. The DNA screen is great, make no mistake. But something about Samsung displays is just exactly right. The S3 is also a fast, responsive phone. Battery of the S3 is very definitely not there with the DNA - the S3 runs down more quickly. The S3 camera is considerably better than the DNA, but that's no news. I think if you were to say I can have either one or the other I'd probably and reluctantly go with the DNA. But it's not perfect, and if you took some of the S3 strengths (display, camera) and put them together with those of the DNA you'd have something even more incredible than either. I hope the new One can manage that - I'm looking forward to reading reviews when the phones start becoming available to us mortals."

Sent from my DNA

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I probably use a lot more wifi than you which would explain my 15 hours of average discharge time.

It just depends, honestly. I am a stay at home mom who uses primarily WiFi minus the last two weeks where I moved from KS to TX and didn't have WiFi in the new house. I take my phone off the charger at 0700 and by 1600-1700 my phone is down to 20%. But that is with using it nearly non stop for facebook, texting, watching videos. Some days it lasts longer. Tbh I didn't properly condition my battery when bought new. So theres no telling..battery life is def not an issue on this device though.

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
This is a post from a member who has both phones, and I think he offers good insight into the choice between the two.

"I went back to my s3......

And you know something? It's really hard to decide which phone I like better  The DNA does some things marvelously well. The speaker phone is beyond amazing. Responsiveness, call quality, screen are all superb. The feel of the phone in your hand is much better than the S3. On the other hand, some apps don't seem to play all that well on the DNA, mainly having to do with display weirdness. They are fine on the S3. The screen of the S3 is somehow better than the DNA - things seem to float off the screen to me. The DNA screen is great, make no mistake. But something about Samsung displays is just exactly right. The S3 is also a fast, responsive phone. Battery of the S3 is very definitely not there with the DNA - the S3 runs down more quickly. The S3 camera is considerably better than the DNA, but that's no news. I think if you were to say I can have either one or the other I'd probably and reluctantly go with the DNA. But it's not perfect, and if you took some of the S3 strengths (display, camera) and put them together with those of the DNA you'd have something even more incredible than either. I hope the new One can manage that - I'm looking forward to reading reviews when the phones start becoming available to us mortals."

Sent from my DNA

I owned a galaxy nexus which has the same exact screen as the S3 and I owned the DNA also. I can tell you the opinion held about the screen comparison between the two devices are not going to sit well with majority of people. The DNA screen is leagues beyond the s3. The only thing the s3 does better is black levels. Color reproduction, pure whites, sharpness, outdoor visibility, viewing angles are all better on Super lcd3.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I owned a galaxy nexus which has the same exact screen as the S3 and I owned the DNA also. I can tell you the opinion held about the screen comparison between the two devices are not going to sit well with majority of people. The DNA screen is leagues beyond the s3. The only thing the s3 does better is black levels. Color reproduction, pure whites, sharpness, outdoor visibility, viewing angles are all better on Super lcd3.

Good to know. Thanks.

Sent from my Asus TF1000000T

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Reception in fringe areas, battery life are most important to me. I rarely am in a position to use WiFi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy