[Galaxy Nexus] Hey Google, Third Time's The Charm?

BlueAce127

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
The Nexus line... It gets better and better as each year passes by. 'Better' can be said about both the hardware and the software. Prompt updates and stock Android make Nexus devices what they are. (With the exception of the VZW Galaxy Nexus; not a real Nexus...)

I noticed that the Nexus One and Nexus S both received three major OS updates before Google support was dropped.

Don't get me wrong, three isn't bad. But consider the iPhone 3GS. It came with iOS 3 pre-installed. 4 years later, it's still supported. Now on iOS 6, some people stuck with the iPhone 3GS because it still works. The iPhone 3GS is the first iPhone to receive four major OS updates. Remember, the iPhone 3GS was the third-generation iPhone.

The Galaxy Nexus was also the third-generation Nexus phone... So... Part of the reason I made this post was to try to voice my concern. I hope Android 4.2 isn't the last major OS that the Galaxy Nexus gets... Google, I know you're not reading this very post. But maybe you could give some more love to all those Galaxy Nexus owners out there by making it the first Nexus phone to receive four major OS updates as well... You know, since third time (or third-gen) is the charm... ;)

P.S. What I've said here is just for fun. Not only that, but also for a little bit of hope. Some of you may take this seriously and start ranting. Please don't. It never hurts to hope for something, right? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674