Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 23 of 23
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Suda
  • 1 Post By Ry
  • 1 Post By Ry
  • 4 Post By DroidXcon
  • 1 Post By TheLegoman
  • 1 Post By return_0
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default HTC One will fail

    I LOVE the design but really feel it will be a rather large failure, I hope I'm wrong, because of the battery. The Nexus 5 is rumored to be 3100+ which is finally a step in the right direction. My EVO 4g LTE is almost too thin as it is I really wish HTC would have stepped it up.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    Frankly speaking, I would LOVE seeing Google go back to HTC for the Nexus line.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    Depends on what your expectations are on how much a phone needs to sale in order to be successful. Reading the reviews and comments around the net, it looks like it looks like it'll do well enough to let HTC live another day. You can't find one Galaxy S4/Xperia Z article, video, review without the One being brought up and brought up rather favorably. People love the aluminium body instead of the usual plastic, and the 4.7" screen will draw those in that don't like the idea of carrying around 5" of phone. There is certainly buzz surrounding the phone, I think a lot of that buzz will turn into profit. One thing I will say though is the delay will hurt HTC, potentially to what it could've earned had it come out weeks in advance to the S4.

    It won't come close to the numbers of Apple or the S4, but it'll sell well. It would sell very well if HTC had the budget of Samsung or Apple.
    Ry likes this.
  4. #4  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,745 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,781 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    Quote Originally Posted by toiletducky View Post
    I LOVE the design but really feel it will be a rather large failure, I hope I'm wrong, because of the battery. The Nexus 5 is rumored to be 3100+ which is finally a step in the right direction. My EVO 4g LTE is almost too thin as it is I really wish HTC would have stepped it up.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    lol
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Rizz1-2 likes this.
  5. #5  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,745 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,781 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    Quote Originally Posted by anjali_jain View Post
    Frankly speaking, I would LOVE seeing Google go back to HTC for the Nexus line.
    Not like that would make "small/non-removable battery", "no SD card" complaints go away.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  6. #6  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    Quote Originally Posted by toiletducky View Post
    I LOVE the design but really feel it will be a rather large failure, I hope I'm wrong, because of the battery. The Nexus 5 is rumored to be 3100+ which is finally a step in the right direction. My EVO 4g LTE is almost too thin as it is I really wish HTC would have stepped it up.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    It will def be one of the best ,if not the best devices on the market. There is no fail here . Move along

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  7. #7  

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    I doubt it will be a failure.

    Won't be the best phone but not a bad phone in the slightest bit

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
  8. #8  

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    I'm afraid to say but THE ONLY reason phones fail or succeed is because of marketing. The HTC ONE would sale roughly the same amount as the S4 will sell if it slapped Samsung on its body instead of HTC and received the Samsung advertising experience. The small minor difference will come from people who care about removable battery and people who care about how well the phone is built. I don't want to hear anymore people saying "phone x is going to fail because its missing feature x"... unless that feature x is Samsung advertising.
  9. #9  
    Cattails_r_Edible's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    The ONE is an awesome phone! I'm getting it and could care less if anyone else does!

    Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!
  10. #10  

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    Quote Originally Posted by fchowd0311 View Post
    I'm afraid to say but THE ONLY reason phones fail or succeed is because of marketing. The HTC ONE would sale roughly the same amount as the S4 will sell if it slapped Samsung on its body instead of HTC and received the Samsung advertising experience. The small minor difference will come from people who care about removable battery and people who care about how well the phone is built. I don't want to hear anymore people saying "phone x is going to fail because its missing feature x"... unless that feature x is Samsung advertising.
    HTC has much better build materials but samsung has better build quality.



    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
  11. #11  
    Rizz1-2's Avatar

    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    HTC has much better build materials but samsung has better build quality.



    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    Explain please...

    Because I think a blanket statement like that isn't entirely accurate. I think that can be argued over a phone to phone basis but not company to company.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
  12. #12  

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    HTC has much better build materials but samsung has better build quality.



    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    This statement is not correct. You cannot compare company to company, you must compare phone to phone. However, you probably have not handled either phone, so even if you were to compare them phone to phone, your statement would still have been not quite right.

    These phones are not even out yet. Unless we have actually handled these phones, what we say relating to build quality and so on is merely speculation. I hope someone who has actually handled both phones will be able to chime in about this topic.
    Russ Smith likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    Quote Originally Posted by anjali_jain View Post
    Frankly speaking, I would LOVE seeing Google go back to HTC for the Nexus line.
    This... I was thinking the same thing.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    HTC has much better build materials but samsung has better build quality.



    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    No
  15. #15  

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    The HTC One will not fail. It may not succeed quite to the degree that HTC would like it to in their hopes and dreams, but we simply can't know that until a month or two after it launches.

    As far as the build quality debate, while it's not appropriate to simply state one company's quality is 'just better' than another's, I will say that in the past year and a half my opinions of HTC's ceramic and polycarbonate bodies have been much more favorable than of Samsung's smooth or textured plastic construction. I say this from experience — having used most relevant devices myself for more than a brief period of time — and not from improper judgments.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    I'm on the HTC EVO 4G LTE and love it. I really wanted the ONE until I started reading about other hardware coming out. The issues with HTC in the past have been poor bloated software and lack of updates. If HTC wants to survive they need to quit dropping support so quickly on their phones. People like Iphones because you can still use them years later.

    The ONE, imho, will not live to the hype. I'm not talking performance or quality, but marketing and sales. I want HTC to hit a homerun so they continue to make great products but I don't think this will bail them out. I don't really care about the S4 but if the rumored specs of the Nexus 5 are true then there is no reason for people to jump to HTC. Time will tell but given the lack of marketing, production delays, and other hardware hitting the streets the ONE will not be enough. Doesn't me I won't be getting one but lets face it. most people don't know anything and will buy what's marketed the best. HTC has failed in that department.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  17. #17  

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    Something I forgot to check (forgive me if it had been mentioned): is the bootloader locked?
  18. #18  

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    The One will definitely not fail, it's HTC's best device ever. They just need to get it together with their marketing and it should be fine.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegoman View Post
    This statement is not correct. You cannot compare company to company, you must compare phone to phone. However, you probably have not handled either phone, so even if you were to compare them phone to phone, your statement would still have been not quite right.

    These phones are not even out yet. Unless we have actually handled these phones, what we say relating to build quality and so on is merely speculation. I hope someone who has actually handled both phones will be able to chime in about this topic.
    Well I've got an HTC One and held a gs3 lol.



    My opinion - I think a plastic (note I didn't say cheap, but bound to be more flexible.) removable back is going to make a phone less 'solid' but if a customer wants the sd card and removable battery then that's the trade off. Choose the features you want, then buy your phone....

    Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
  20. #20  

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    Back to ops topic -

    One vs GS4 poll

    The only 3 polls in 1st page Google search. All with HTC One proving most popular.

    Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
  21. #21  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Smith View Post
    Back to ops topic -

    One vs GS4 poll

    The only 3 polls in 1st page Google search. All with HTC One proving most popular.

    Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    It could be most popluar on all the tech blogs, still doesnt = general consumer
    Also these numbers could change when phones are readily available for people to compare , as of now people are just voting from other peoples opinions.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  22. #22  

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    True enough the one isn't coming to Verizon (dumb decision on HTC's part) but no one is even coming to my job asking for it. Asked the guy at t mobile he says he expects it to sell well but no one has asked about it

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
  23. #23  
    return_0's Avatar

    Posts
    2,525 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

    Default Re: HTC One will fail

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    True enough the one isn't coming to Verizon (dumb decision on HTC's part) but no one is even coming to my job asking for it. Asked the guy at t mobile he says he expects it to sell well but no one has asked about it

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't think that was HTC's decision. Probably Verizon's decision; they most likely wanted to hold off for a few weeks then release a newer phone to give them an advantage over the other carriers. Pretty much what they did with the older One phones, holding off then releasing the DNA.
    Ry likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!
    By Phil Nickinson in forum HTC One S
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 12-04-2013, 09:46 PM
  2. Lightflow and HTC ONE... will it work...?
    By atrixfll in forum HTC One
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-02-2013, 05:14 PM
  3. Replies: 755
    Last Post: 05-09-2013, 04:34 PM
  4. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-26-2013, 09:15 PM
  5. HTC one X failed. error Status 7
    By Rasmus8934 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 08:02 PM

Posting Permissions