samuelwhatshisface

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I haven't posted here before and I will say now that I'm not hugely knowledgeable about Android in general.

My contract is just running out, and I'm deciding between a Q10 and a nexus 4. Most of the reviews I've read of BB10 have the sentiment that while the OS is good, it lacks quality apps. I'm quite interested, then, to find out what apps I'd be missing out on, but the apps that are listed on the reviews are ones I don't really care for.

When I say I don't care for them, it's things like netflix (neither the time nor money for the service), instagram (never been comfortable taking photos in my life), banking apps (have to use this 1-2 times a month, doesn't seem to warrant a dedicated app IMO) or radio streaming services like spotify (I have all my music stored on device/SD anyway).

Does anyone have any apps that they use regularly that they would say improve their phone?

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I have tons of apps. Almost 300. I'm a bit of a software junkie and I'm always looking for something fresh to entertain my mind.

The apps that I use consistently though are Kindle, AllyBank, GreenDot, Amazon, Soundhound, Musixmatch, Google Maps, Mimi (for 4Chan), FeedR News Reader, SleepBot (Alarm Clock that tracks motion during sleep), Tapatalk, Wolfram Alpha, Google Now, Onavo Counter, Onavo Extend (compresses data so you can get more out of your internet plan), Facebook. Most of them cover my basic needs pretty well.

And also, I think that mainly my concern with getting the BlackBerry would be that if it doesn't sell then its appstore would never expand. I could wait for their selection of apps to grow if I knew for sure they would. But who's to say how the phone will do in the long run. I also buy apps if they're worth it, so I'd always be afraid to shell out the cash, not knowing if I'd want to keep the phone. And I wouldn't keep the phone if I couldn't get apps that everyone else is getting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

apalm8

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
You don't sound like an app junkie, like me. That is one reason I love my Z10. Also, don't forget that BB10 is a brand new operating system and is just in it's infancy. It already has 100,000 apps and before long (prob 6 months) it will be up to speed with android an iOS.

samuelwhatshisface

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm... Haven't thought of wolfram alpha, that would be useful! Thanks for the list, unfortunately I think I would only find three of them useful and one of those is on BB10.

I see what you mean with the potential future woes, but I get the feeling that I wouldn't be too bothered about them anyway. Would be pleased to be surprised about that, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21