1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android now #1 smartphone platform in the US, worldwide sales grew 886% yoy!

Canalys Q2 2010 smartphone market share figures are out: canalys.com/pr/2010/r2010081.html

According to them, Android is now the number one smartphone platform in the US, with 34% market share vs. RIM's 32% and Apple's 21.7%.

Worldwide, Android sales grew 886% from last year, which puts it in third place behind Nokia with 38% worldwide market share and RIM with 18%.

The 886% growth suggests 9.7 million Android devices sold (up from 1.1 million in Q209), vs. Apple's 8.7 million iPhones.

According to Google, 160,000 Android devices are now activated each day, which add up to over 15 million devices per quarter. Thus, we're likely to see worldwide Android market share surpassing RIM's within a few months.

HTC is also a big winner with 14% of the US smartphone market.
    Thanked by:
    MacGyver Wannabe

NM, I misread one of the lines. Sorry.

grrrrrreat!

Another step for big G`s world domination

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Not to be a buzzkill but at the rate Android phones are coming out shouldn't they be selling well? I would like to see actual devices numbers though because just like I said over at crackberry with tons of devices market share should follow.

Of and one more thing, I currently am forced to use BB Bold9700 and I feel like im in the year 1999 ...
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

One thing: This is only Q2, it is not overall market-share. RIM likely still retains the top spot.