Vudu and Android

awilisch

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
So in my never ending quest to figure out where I want to buy my movies from, I am contemplating Vudu as a possibility. I'll admit that I buy all my music from iTunes (it's non drm'ed and it's easy), but their DRM'ed videos make them a non-option. Amazon's options suck (2 download locations...did that once, not interested). Google Play is an option but I can't download the movies and it looks like if I don't have a Google TV I can write off watching them on my TV.

So we're up to Vudu. Has anyone had experience with purchasing movies from Vudu and watching it everywhere? I just want to make sure I can watch it on my Android devices, and that I can shove it to something like Plex to stream to my TV. Are their movies DRM'ed which would make Plex not work?

Have to say it's the only thing Apple really is good at. If you want to live in their infrastructure you can buy their stuff and watch it anywhere. But i'm not interested in having an Iphone or Ipad (boring).

Any insight is appreciated :)

--Aric

awilisch

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Bought a movie from Vudu. Apparently to download the movie you have to use their Vudu 2 Go app which is a proprietary format. Not sure how it's different from Google Play other than it only does SD on Android devices and Vudu is easier to get on the tv (Roku has an app).

I think if Google Play would offer 1080 format and make it easier to get on the TV I would be all over it.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781