Cheap smartphone (under $250) w/ good camera?

Nexus4Buyer

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I've been looking into smartphones for my whole family and me and my brother are probably getting Nexus 4's ($350). My sister doesn't care about having recent tech, but I know she would appreciate a good camera even if the rest of the phone is meh. The Sony Ericsson Mini Pro seems to be a decent choice as it is only $180, comes w/ a keyboard which she would probably also appreciate, and as a bonus it has received an ICS update. However, the camera isn't anything special. Is there any smartphone that I could find at a similar price with a pretty good camera?

iNeedICS

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking into smartphones for my whole family and me and my brother are probably getting Nexus 4's ($350). My sister doesn't care about having recent tech, but I know she would appreciate a good camera even if the rest of the phone is meh. The Sony Ericsson Mini Pro seems to be a decent choice as it is only $180, comes w/ a keyboard which she would probably also appreciate, and as a bonus it has received an ICS update. However, the camera isn't anything special. Is there any smartphone that I could find at a similar price with a pretty good camera?

Honestly to me the HTC one S had a great superior camera! I miss it! The shots I could get out of that thing are beautiful to me lol

Sent from Squishy's N⁴

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
What carrier? HTC phones have been known for having good cameras, so the One X on AT&T or the One S on T-Mobile would be good options.

Nexus4Buyer

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
What carrier? HTC phones have been known for having good cameras, so the One X on AT&T or the One S on T-Mobile would be good options.
I'm looking to buy it unlocked then would either get an ATT sim for something like Net10 or do T-Mobile. I'm looking to avoid a contract, and the One X unlocked would definitely be too expensive.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking to buy it unlocked then would either get an ATT sim for something like Net10 or do T-Mobile. I'm looking to avoid a contract, and the One X unlocked would definitely be too expensive.

I've found good condition One Ss on Ebay for $130 and One Xs for $250.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Another option is the HTC One V, if your sister doesn't care about newest/fastest. Walmart near me has the VM-CDMA One V for $125 +/-

I got one for a family member as a PDA replacement and she's happy using it as a WiFi-only device. The aluminum body even looks nice, if you don't mind the Jay Leno chin.
VM is basically Sprint pre-paid, so that's something to factor in before you buy the CDMA version locked to VM, but at $55/month unlimited there are worse options out there.

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
The Nokia Lumia 822 is a pretty sweet phone and has a great camera. I kind of wished I would have kept it instead of getting this Galaxy Note 2.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

nickndfl

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 4 8GB, a little over budget at $299 ea. directly from Google, but brand new, factory unlocked & no contract whatsoever.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
If you're considering the Xperia Mini Pro, you might as well go with the Xperia Ray. Better camera.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend P1

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I bought a Galaxy S3 (Sprint) on Ebay with a bad ESN for less than $100. I flash phones over to several other providers so I don't need no stinking bad ESN. This phone will be flashed over to Page Plus for my Mom. Look at this.