Samsung GS3 Battery: Enough to make me throw this phone away

iFall3n

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung GS3 is disappointing to say the least. The features are amazing, however, aside from things like the terrible pre-installed keyboard, headphones (in the box), the battery poses a MAJOR pain.

Basically, the battery definitely does not last me a day. My use include messages here and there, and some Whatsapp. The battery completely drains 20% from a 30 minute bus ride consisting of just texting (bluetooth, wifi, GPS, auto brightness, all off).
Constantly clearing RAM doesn't help very much.

The WORST thing about the battery is that it can't even hold a full charge.
What I mean by this is:

I plug my phone in when I sleep. I wake up (approx. 7-8h later) and it shows me 100% battery.
I walk up the stairs and do my morning routine and within 15 minutes, it drops down to 76%.
I finish breakfast about to head out and it gives me 65%.
I get upset with the phone and decide to restart it. After a reboot, it stays at 38%.
This doesn't just happen once, it happens quite frequently and it is a pain since it takes a LONG time to charge via usb/wall plug (3h+)

Even though I've factory reset the phone many times, the same thing happens.
I've only had this phone since November hoping to test android (since I've been with Apple for a while)
and this is the biggest mistake of my life.

There are no solutions that work for me anywhere. I've tried almost everything.

Any ideas?

Dr0idn3wb

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Besides a battery problem you could also have a runaway app. Have you looked at your battery stats to see what could be eating your battery? My phone at one point would use 15% in 20 mins just sitting there and I found out with some searching and googleing that HD Widgets was killing my battery. And in my battery stats it showed something called drmserver eating away at my battery. How this helps you some.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678