Google Play Gift Cards

ddickinson

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Why doesn't google push their gift cards in stores more. About every store I go into Isee giftcards for itunes, Amazon and even the nook. But hardly never see any for Google play. I have found them at radio shack and on the web they say you can get them at Walmart or Target but never find them. If they were more available I would buy them. I don't like giving out my credit card to be saved on the web site. There are a couple of apps that I want but am waiting to get the gift card before I buy. Google needs to step up and promote them more.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Why doesn't google push their gift cards in stores more. About every store I go into Isee giftcards for itunes, Amazon and even the nook. But hardly never see any for Google play. I have found them at radio shack and on the web they say you can get them at Walmart or Target but never find them. If they were more available I would buy them.
At both Target and Wallyworld, I see them in the electronics section and with the general gift cards like restaurants.

anon(5486833)

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I believe GameStop still sells them. Ive also found GooglePlay cards on the checkout lane shelves at Target.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Well that's stupid, this would be great for people who don't want to use the credit card.
They weren't out pt for that long, they shouldn't of discontinued them., if they did.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

ddickinson

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Maybe its because we are out in the boonies up here that they don't have them as much. but I will keep looking. Will have to check the electronics department at Wally world and target. Never thought of checking there (duh). Just always checked the stand up front with all the restraunt and itunes cards

ddickinson

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Well I found the gift cards at target yesterday and picked up one. It got me to thinking. Who makes the money off these and other gift card at the store. You see all different cards for different companies at retail stores ( redlobster, itunes, REI, etc...). If I buy a $50 gift card for google play at Target, I get $50 worth of mechandice from google. So does Target get aprecentage and google takes what is really considered a loss. Or does Target not get anything. in that case what is the insentive for Target to carry them or any other gift card but their own. Just wondering

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
does Target get aprecentage and google takes what is really considered a loss

I think it's just to get a customer into the store. I doubt Target gets a % or that Google takes a hit.
The amount of space is very negligible for the potential that the customer will buy other products from their retail stores while in there to pick up a Play Store card.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
As long as the store isn't the Apple store, I pretty much always see Google Play gift cards right next to iTunes gift cards.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The merchant pays the store to stock their gift cards, on the theory that selling $100 of product for $98 is better than selling $0 of product for $100.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums