Question, can anyone help?

ocboy188

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm not even sure such a thing exists yet on smart devices
but is there a program/app or way to self-video record like a cam while you are
playing a game or listening to music?

I noticed a lot of smart devices have a cam on BOTH the front and back. But usually the back camera is the actual video
recording camera, while the front facing camera is only for photos.

Is there a device that has a front facing video camera and that can allow you to RECORD live video (in the background) so that you can do other
things like surf the net, watch videos, play games, or whatever....

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm not even sure such a thing exists yet on smart devices
but is there a program/app or way to self-video record like a cam while you are
playing a game or listening to music?

I noticed a lot of smart devices have a cam on BOTH the front and back. But usually the back camera is the actual video
recording camera, while the front facing camera is only for photos.

Is there a device that has a front facing video camera and that can allow you to RECORD live video (in the background) so that you can do other
things like surf the net, watch videos, play games, or whatever....

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

The camera on the front of a phone is intended for video chat and not just taking poor quality self portraits.

I'm sure you could record video off the front camera, probably with the stock camera app.

ocboy188

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that sounds right, but do you know if it can record (like in the background) so that I can also be doing other apps or using the phone/device for other things? I've only seen it being able to do it one at a time. In other words, if I'm self recording, i can't minimize the "recorder" and then start surfing the net, or chatting, or playing games. I have to be watching what I'm recording.

It's kind of like how it's convenient when you can go into your music files, play them, and then be able to go to main screen and do other things WHILE the music is still playing. It used to be where as soon as you left the music file or folder to do something else, the music would stop.