Outlook (Hotmail) for Android gets updated

ultimate_ed

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Just got a notice that my Outlook app got updated. This one looks like it is finally a complete overhaul that ditches then Android 2.2 design scheme.

Looks like they've finally added a universal search! I don't know why they every thought I'd only want to search for contacts.

Actually looks like something that belongs on a Jellybean phone now.

dag75

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
the hotmail app made me upgrade to the new outlook app, but now the app won't let me in. keep getting a message after entering login and password saying it can't authenticate. any suggestions?

kashk5

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
the hotmail app made me upgrade to the new outlook app, but now the app won't let me in. keep getting a message after entering login and password saying it can't authenticate. any suggestions?

Have you switched to the new Outlook interface for your Hotmail account? If not, then go to Outlook.com, login with your Hotmail account, and then give the app a try.

DStud

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
@kashk5: That is what dag75 is saying. The Hotmail app was rendered inactive since yesterday forcing all users to migrate to Outlook.com and now that app won't authenticate the users. I have the same issues. Any suggestions how to fix this?

MamaKittyKat

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Mine quit working as of yesterday, which is odd because my hotmail got switched to outlook almost a week ago exactly. I'm looking for other options. I tried logging in just on the phone browser but things aren't showing up right in that either. I rely on this for my e-mail while not at home and am actively looking for a solution to this current dilemma myself. I also am despising outlook...whoever's idea it was to use white lettering should be fired. If you happen to find a solution please let me know as well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv