BlackBerry 10 keyboard

radlink14

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello, by any chance does anyone know if a blackberry 10 keyboard style is available for Android?

Please no flamers, and SwiftKey is not the same, at least format and accuracy wise. For me.

For those that have used the z10 keyboard you probably feel me :)

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

3Dee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
BB10 keyboard is great, but I find the stock sense 5 keyboard surprisingly decent on the One (seeing that you're a fellow user). I think I might have read that BB licensed a varient if the swiftkey keyboard, and am sure they copyrighted it so hard that anyone trying to replicate it would get sued into the middle of next century.

radlink14

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Tried swift key, not good. Guess I'll have to check out Kii. There is just something about texting on an android phone that is strange since G1. It lags here and there it's weird.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Tried swift key, not good. Guess I'll have to check out Kii. There is just something about texting on an android phone that is strange since G1. It lags here and there it's weird.

Not sure what device you have, but there is NO lag with any of those keyboards mentioned. If you have lag, then there is a problem with your phone!
And what makes these keyboards better than the Z10 is the swiping ability. You really should try to activate the swiping option on these keyboards, and it takes a few days for any of them to learn your vocabulary.
I tried the Z10 in a store and on a friend's phone and thought that the keyboard was really good. But it did not have the swipe option that makes the Android ones a better option for me.

radlink14

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I get lag with swiftkey here and there, especially when I receive a text. This has been the gist of my experience with texting on an android phone, since the G1. I believe custom roms include fixes called "keyboard lag fix" for that reason.

Anyway, Kii keyboard so far has been awesome. I had high hopes for swiftkey considering that is the core to bb10os keyboard.

Not sure what device you have, but there is NO lag with any of those keyboards mentioned. If you have lag, then there is a problem with your phone!
And what makes these keyboards better than the Z10 is the swiping ability. You really should try to activate the swiping option on these keyboards, and it takes a few days for any of them to learn your vocabulary.
I tried the Z10 in a store and on a friend's phone and thought that the keyboard was really good. But it did not have the swipe option that makes the Android ones a better option for me.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I get lag with swiftkey here and there, especially when I receive a text. This has been the gist of my experience with texting on an android phone, since the G1. I believe custom roms include fixes called "keyboard lag fix" for that reason.

Anyway, Kii keyboard so far has been awesome. I had high hopes for swiftkey considering that is the core to bb10os keyboard.

Check out this blog, and Michelle Haag's pick, Perfect Keyboard Pro (there is a free version too in the Play Store), it looks pretty interesting and as close as you are gonna get to THE best keyboard in the touch screen business. (The Z10 keyboard - yes I DO have one!)

Android Central Editors' app picks for March 24, 2012 | Android Central

radlink14

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Check out this blog, and Michelle Haag's pick, Perfect Keyboard Pro (there is a free version too in the Play Store), it looks pretty interesting and as close as you are gonna get to THE best keyboard in the touch screen business. (The Z10 keyboard - yes I DO have one!)

Android Central Editors' app picks for March 24, 2012 | Android Central

Thank you so much, it seems like tthe word correction is better on kii and this keyboard doubles some letters for some rreason lol

But it seems pretty good for one hand texting

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
What phone do you have?

I have also had lag with swift key, so people who are saying its impossible and there must be something wrong with your phone, are wrong. I notice lag mostly when trying to type in the address bar on my browser in the form of it taking a second or two for the keyboard to pop up. Sometimes it doesn't pop up at all and I have to disselect the address bar and then reselect it. I have also had this happen in the stock messaging app.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

radlink14

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I have also had lag with swift key, so people who are saying its impossible and there must be something wrong with your phone, are wrong. I notice lag mostly when trying to type in the address bar on my browser in the form of it taking a second or two for the keyboard to pop up. Sometimes it doesn't pop up at all and I have to disselect the address bar and then reselect it. I have also had this happen in the stock messaging app.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
Yeah I think everyone pretty much knows that texting on an android is not that great, I always felt IOS won in this field, but BB10 has them both beat at this point. BB10 keyboard is so impressive.

And yeah it's great you can fully customize a keyboard on android but who cares if it's not seamless at the end of the day. I can't believe I am debating on going back to my z10, but I don't want to pay another re-stocking fee ugh.

tunes666

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I use swiftkey now and could not imagine texting with out it... no lag at all on my N4. Not tried the BB10 one but if it does not have the swipe feature then it looses IMO.

radlink14

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Bb10 has a 'flick' feature, not swipe. I am wondering if maybe its the screen size of the phone that really makes the bb10 keyboard on the z10 fantastic. Its not about that feature at all, that's just like whip cream on top, but the cherry is the keyboard practically reads your mind when pressing a key, for example of you mean to hit o and hit p by accident, it types o.

I've customized my Kii keyboard and so far so good.

mckillio

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Any update on this? I just switched to Android from the Z10 and I miss the keyboard (and most of the OS) so much already. I have am S5 and immediately installed the Google keyboard and literally just switched to the SwiftKey keyboard and so far it seems much better but still not close to the BB10 keyboard.

Amazu Davich

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Bb10 has a 'flick' feature, not swipe. I am wondering if maybe its the screen size of the phone that really makes the bb10 keyboard on the z10 fantastic. Its not about that feature at all, that's just like whip cream on top, but the cherry is the keyboard practically reads your mind when pressing a key, for example of you mean to hit o and hit p by accident, it types o.

I've customized my Kii keyboard and so far so good.

Exactly what am searching for, that flick feature not on android, have you made progress on finding the perfect one yet?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12