Just wanted to share this

delldude405

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
My data month just ended and I wanted to share this with everyone! Needless to say I'm never going to give up unlimited data!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367642356463.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367642356463.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 56

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
My data month just ended and I wanted to share this with everyone! Needless to say I'm never going to give up unlimited data!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

How much did you have to pay?

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Is this the first time you have done that much? Carriers will take notice of your usage even though it is supposed to be unlimited. I have known people who were warned of excessive usage even though they had unlimited. Be careful!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Bob Sugar

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Have fun when your data speeds are throttled to nothing.

Unlimited is not unlimited. If you think I'm wrong read the small print.

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm grandfathered on AT&T, so I still have my unlimited from my 3GS days. I don't get charged for going over 3gb a month, but I do get throttled to half speed - and it's about the pace of a sloth crawling on the ground once it is. I've only had it happen twice ever...still confused HOW I even managed, because I use it the same amount if not more than I did then.

Bob Sugar

May 31, 2010
Visit site
It also can depend on when he signed his contract. He might not get affected.

Or they update the terms, send it out attached to your bill, and include a clause stating that by paying this bill you are agreeing with the new terms.

Performance qualifies as acceptance in many contracts. That will help you out in the future.

Outrager

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I think if I had unlimited I wouldn't change my current data usage because I'd be too scared of them throttling me. I know that some companies will still throttle you even on an "unlimited" plan or find some loophole to kick you off it.

delldude405

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I was not throttled. I signed my contract back in 2010. I still only pay $30 a month for unlimited data, and it was the first time I went that high. However each month my data keeps going up and up and up. Now I did do quite a bit of traveling that month so between video calls, movies, and youtube. That kind of jacked it way up.

- - - Updated - - -

$30, thats my monthly fee for unlimited.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Unlimited data is definitely nice sometimes.

nuh6

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I was not throttled. I signed my contract back in 2010. I still only pay $30 a month for unlimited data, and it was the first time I went that high. However each month my data keeps going up and up and up. Now I did do quite a bit of traveling that month so between video calls, movies, and youtube. That kind of jacked it way up.

- - - Updated - - -

$30, thats my monthly fee for unlimited.

FYI, Verizon doesn't throttle LTE. All the more reason to NOT give up your unlimited data! :) Specifics below:

Network Optimization

Only a small percent of customers will be affected. To be affected, you must be:

?A data customer on an unlimited data plan;
?Have a 3G Verizon Wireless device (if you have a 4G LTE device you will not be impacted); and
?Among the top 5% of data users in a given month.
Then, you will only be affected:

?When you are on the 3G network; and
?When you are connected to a congested cell site.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21