Anyone heard of Appanite?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I got an email this afternoon from a company called Appanite: A Free App A Nite! | Appanite claiming I had "previously expressed interest in special offers for mobile apps." Well, I sure don't remember doing so in any specific way that would be related to this. Seems like an interesting idea, but I'm wondering if it's legit or if it's a way to get malware onto lots of phones.

OK, did a little more research. According to this site: http://forums.crackberry.com/genera...appanite-my-recommendation-do-not-use-803267/ it's run by the former owners of Mobihand, which was certainly a legitimate site back in the Palm OS days. I bought a number of apps from Mobihand. And the issues with payment this article references probably shouldn't be considered as surprising if the company was going bankrupt.

Interesting concept. What do the rest of you think?

cmersman

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I've heard of it but never really looked into it until now. After reading into it, it sounds very interesting to me also. I'd love to give it a shot but also want to know if it's legit if anyone else has used it. Thanks for bringing it back up

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It is an interesting concept, seems like a good promotion vehicle for developers who get on board...

I'm curious though, it seems to imply that the free app would be delivered via the normal (authorized) app store for each platform. If it's free for consumers, uses an app store not built by Appanite and offers a coupon code to make the app free - where would Appanite make their money? Are they then getting a chunk of the dev money? Or is it a paid App in itself? Maybe a yearly subscription?

I'd like more info without having to sign up. Seems it is a work in progress about to go Beta. The website could provide more details.

BTW: I agree with the assessment you left over at the Crackberry thread, meyerweb...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa