Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  • 1 Post By bearda
  • 1 Post By White Hawk UK
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Swype or Swiftkey?

I'm set to buy my first Android (Galaxy S4) in a couple of weeks. However, after playing with the GS4 keyboard, I am not pleased. Two of the most popular keyboards out there are Swiftkey and Swype. I think they both look nice. Which do you prefer, and why? All help is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Swype or Swiftkey?

I personally like swiftkey better. It has crazy good predictive capabilities. It is has flow, which is a swype like feature. So you can switch between them. It has the best of both worlds

Quote Originally Posted by hitlistbombshell View Post
    I'm set to buy my first Android (Galaxy S4) in a couple of weeks. However, after playing with the GS4 keyboard, I am not pleased. Two of the most popular keyboards out there are Swiftkey and Swype. I think they both look nice. Which do you prefer, and why? All help is greatly appreciated.
    Swype is just an entry method for the stock Samsung keyboard. SwiftKey has its own variant named flow. I don't have any familiarity with with either since I don't like that whole dragging your finger thru the letters and drawing patterns thingy, but would rather tap on keys. Having said that I can tell you that as a user of the Trial SwiftKey, it is far superior to the stock keyboard at predicting words even you quite severely Bork the spelling. One thing to be aware of is that there is currently an issue with paid keyboards reverting back to the stock on device reboots on JB due to the location that Google Play Store installs paid apps so you would need to switch your keyboard back after reboots. If you decide on SwiftKey you need to eventually pay for it because it stops working after the trial. I also have the paid version of Perfect Keyboard because I liked it after using the lite version and I wanted to be be yo use themes. I didn't know about the keyboard reversion thing when I made the purchase. Now that I have been using Swiftkey more so that I can more fully evaluate it before my trial ends I am really loving it and considering doing the purchase while it is still being sold for half price even though I will have to deal with the keyboard reversion on reboot thingie until they get a fix for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

I have both, but prefer Swiftkey......................And it is on SALE!
    Last edited by Ricky Babalu; 05-16-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Not even a question Swiftkey. It beats any other keyboard including the iPhone's which I love.

I tried swype and just recently got swift key and really like it a lot better than swype

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

I've used them both. I did the whole beta test for Swiftkey Flow and have used Swype since its early days. Somehow I keep ending back up on Swype. For me on the forums it seems to react the best for what I do here.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

kashk5 likes this.

Global Posts
    288 Global Posts

I used SwiftKey up until Swype appeared on the app store, then gave it a try. Although I really like the themes and options for SwiftKey Swype just ended up being more accurate, especially when compared to Flow. Swype all the way for a phone where space is limited. On a tablet I'd probably stick to SwiftKey, though.
    kashk5 likes this.
    _X_

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts

Get both you don't have to choose. There both great keyboards and I find that I toggle between the two.

What I will say is, for me, on smaller screens Swype is much faster than Swiftkey's, but on larger screen they are even.

I'm currently using a note and find I toggle between the two keyboards.
    Last edited by _X_; 05-17-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    r2t

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

I like SwiftKey because of the predictive text input. It's very accurate. I also have Swype, like the other poster said, Swype is good for smaller screen devices, as for the S4 (what I'm using) Swiftkey is perfect.

Sent from my GT-I9500

It is has flow, which is a swype like feature.

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TW FH13 ICS 4.0.4

Swiftkey is the best keyboard for a phone

Global Posts
    1,017 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    I've used them both. I did the whole beta test for Swiftkey Flow and have used Swype since its early days. Somehow I keep ending back up on Swype. For me on the forums it seems to react the best for what I do here.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

Swiftkey without a doubt. Been using it since it was in beta and now it has a Swype like function too there is no need to consider another keyboard...ever!
    I am back HOME on the epic Nexus 5!!

Smile Re: Swype or Swiftkey?

I've used the Swype beta since it began (as it was infinitely superior to the Samsung Swype implementation), and gladly purchased the full product once it hit the store. I've also purchased and used Swiftkey, but I kept returning to the Swype beta- it just seemed to work better.

I don't use predictive text input, and I tend to type full text regardless of the input method, so the swipe-typing system is all I would use either for (I find it frustrating having to tap at individual keys now, however). I just find Swype does it better, but it's probably a matter of personal taste/comfort.

As they're both so ridonkulously cheap, buy them both and stick with whichever works best for you- why worry about difficult choices when they can both be had for pocket change?
    kashk5 likes this.

Try Google keyboard.
    Relatively new, extremely good predictable text.

Posted via Android Central App

I prefer Swiftkey over Swype. But I prefer Kii over both.