Alternative to Note 10.1 and Nexus 10?

avalon_rulz

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm wanting to finally get a tablet. I want Android, around 10 inch screen, and upper end specs. I thought I would just have to decide between the Galaxy Note 10.1 and Google Nexus 10.

But then I discovered they each have what I consider to be major deficiencies:
  • The Note has a proprietary charging port. I want to be able to use my existing car and wall chargers that use microUSB (already using with my S3). Why did Samsung feel the need to go proprietary when they already use a standard port on their phones?
  • The Nexus does not have removable storage. I've heard that Google supposedly has their reasons for not putting microSD slots on any of their devices. But I refuse to be limited to a set 16GB or 32GB of storage, with no expansion and/or swapping.

So, any suggestions as to good alternatives to these two devices that meet my criteria? Upper end specs, microUSB charging port, and microSD expandability. I have heard plenty about these two tablets and I've been leery of looking beyond them. Firsthand recommendations would be appreciated.

avalon_rulz

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Sony Xperia Tablet Z.
Thanks for the reply. If I remember correctly, the current Xperia tablets were originally shown with microUSB but then the release models had a proprietary charging port. I guess I can make sure it has the right connections and give it a good look.

Sony is obviously a big name but I haven't heard much on their phones and tablets except that their early models still had some hiccups. But I'll check the reviews on this one. Thanks!

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. If I remember correctly, the current Xperia tablets were originally shown with microUSB but then the release models had a proprietary charging port. I guess I can make sure it has the right connections and give it a good look.

Sony is obviously a big name but I haven't heard much on their phones and tablets except that their early models still had some hiccups. But I'll check the reviews on this one. Thanks!

You'd be happy with a Sony, they put out some pretty solid products that don't have an overbearing ui, I wish they would offer their phones on more than just att.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze