The HTC is going under comments are just plain annoying.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes there is always the chance of a company going under, however, we won't see it in the near future. My friends who view this need to seriously educate themselves on Accounting & Economics. Yes there are ways for companies to manipulate profits for example there are 214 legal ways to value an asset and to depreciate them, some reduce expenses to companies, others increase etc. If you look at the figures which matter (as companies can get profit from other investments) look at its primary business sales.... its revenue from that is still substantial showing they are producing a solid income. Secondly they are still making a profit, thirdly even if they do go into the negatives a company can still last! sorry to break it to every one but does anyone know a company called Apple? They had a similar circumstance 1996 net returns were -8%, the following year -15%, they kept a few 1% and 0% for a bit.... then what they get 25% returns.

This shows just because of a little trouble they are having now does not mean the end!
Oh thought i would add even if they don't declare dividends that is better for the company, more money for them to spend. Microsoft didn't declare one for 22 years, did the share holders care? nope their shares went from $1 in value to $200. Also who cares if they get a loan, if a company has a loan less than 40% of its let assets it shows management can be lazy, however if its above 75% thats when you should worry.

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I agree, it's annoying. More annoying is the fact that they choose to ignore that Q2 (and Q4 if you choose to include seasonal trends of the industry) is the traditional strong quarter of HTC. Take note that Q2 is the tone-setter for the rest of the year. Should they lose money during Q2, they're doing a ton of things wrong. Chances are they'll only slip deeper into red ink for the rest of the year. On the other hand, should HTC flatline Q2, HTC still has a chance to make a profit for the full year, but that door is only half-open at best.

HTC is getting weaker at the time when Samsung is at its best, LG and Sony are rising and low-key OEMs are flooding the market with cheap devices. HTC needs to bounce back, and they need to do it now.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes there is always the chance of a company going under, however, we won't see it in the near future. My friends who view this need to seriously educate themselves on Accounting & Economics. Yes there are ways for companies to manipulate profits for example there are 214 legal ways to value an asset and to depreciate them, some reduce expenses to companies, others increase etc. If you look at the figures which matter (as companies can get profit from other investments) look at its primary business sales.... its revenue from that is still substantial showing they are producing a solid income. Secondly they are still making a profit, thirdly even if they do go into the negatives a company can still last! sorry to break it to every one but does anyone know a company called Apple? They had a similar circumstance 1996 net returns were -8%, the following year -15%, they kept a few 1% and 0% for a bit.... then what they get 25% returns.

This shows just because of a little trouble they are having now does not mean the end!
Oh thought i would add even if they don't declare dividends that is better for the company, more money for them to spend. Microsoft didn't declare one for 22 years, did the share holders care? nope their shares went from $1 in value to $200. Also who cares if they get a loan, if a company has a loan less than 40% of its let assets it shows management can be lazy, however if its above 75% thats when you should worry.

They're not losing money. They're just making less.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I know they have a reduced profit margin I'm trying to say that they are still profitable (2mill for the quarter) and if they do dive in the red they can last for years.

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I know they have a reduced profit margin I'm trying to say that they are still profitable (2mill for the quarter) and if they do dive in the red they can last for years.

Posted via Android Central App

Exactly.

They are nowhere near Motorola's recent and continued troubles.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Does the company going through troubles have any effect on their product support? Like, should htc recent troubles be any reason not to buy a HTC one?

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

You said it!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

jp25f

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
HTC will be around well beyond the life of the One. Even if things go badly for the company, they are going to be around for quite a while.
Exhibit One: RIM.
Exhibit Two: Nokia

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Exhibit Three: Apple - they did shocking for ages.

I doubt financial troubles will stop updates, think about it that would cause a negative reputation and HTC loves their software. My wildfire, a bottom end phone was getting updates 1.5 years after its releases if not 2 so I am dead certain they will update a flag ship mobile!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad