What's Google announcing tomorrow?

SharonW

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Case in point:

Warner Music Group is one of the most innovative companies in the industry. So it's not surprising that in an earnings call this morning with WMG chair Edgar Bronfman, investors weren't interested in how much physical sales the business has managed to hang on to--no, that's an industry of the past. Rather, analysts spent the call trying to find out what the company has on the horizon in the digital marketplace, where Bronfman says Apple, Google, and Microsoft are battling for the industry's attention.

..."A number of companies are jockeying for position, [and] in their race to establish a position in the hierarchy, we see a great deal of opportunity. Our content is a critical enabler for them to be profitable," he told investors.

Bronfman, who called the battle a "struggle for supremacy," was especially optimistic about opportunities likely to occur over the next 12-24 months--obviously, quite a wide time frame. He also wouldn't speak specifically about the so-called Google Music service, saying that Google has "yet to make any announcements for its music plans" and that he didn't want to "preempt" anything.

Warner Music: Apple, Google, and Microsoft in "Struggle for Supremacy" | Fast Company

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
The last time they did a surprise fall mobile announcement, the stand-alone GPS market was almost destroyed.

lol, plus Google just kinda throws it out there while Apple acts like everything they do is the coolest thing in the world

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
DroidDog seems to think that it will be market based, with added support for carrier billing and more countries..

That'd be nice, but seeing as they previewed a web-based app store at I/O2010, I don't think they'd have enough substance to make a keynote that's fully market-based.

I'm guessing it's either music-based, or something that they've been working on for a while, and just haven't let out of the box yet. Sort of like Navigation was last year. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anybody was expecting that. And that's part of what made it such a huge deal.

jaeisber

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I've been wondering about this as well. I am a few hours in front of the Google HQ, but it's getting pretty late here.

Yeah, no one seems to know. Every article I have read has just said that there will be an announcement today, but no time. My guess is 11am Central. They typically have their conferences and keynotes start at 9am local time, so I am assuming it will be around then.

jaeisber

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Just got word from Phil (writer for AndroidCentral) that the announcement is going to be at noon Pacific time, so 3pm Eastern or 2pm Central.

mikemsd

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Just got word from Phil (writer for AndroidCentral) that the announcement is going to be at noon Pacific time, so 3pm Eastern or 2pm Central.

Thanks, I was wondering why no one seemed to have a time for the announcement.

I'm really hoping they announce a music service. I was hoping my Evo would replace my Zune, however Rhapsody's software is really shoddy. I could really do with a well executed subscription music service on Android.

swest6602

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm really hoping they announce a music service. I was hoping my Evo would replace my Zune, however Rhapsody's software is really shoddy. I could really do with a well executed subscription music service on Android.

I have not tried it myself yet, but have heard some good things about MOG. They have an app on the Market you may want to check out. It is a subscription music service with some cool features (lock screen widget plus).

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
As I haven't had a chance to try the new version of Voice Search (still at work), could someone tell me if starting apps works? I know the old version couldn't do it, but it works so-so in Edwin. Would be a shame if this new version can't do it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non