Can I run storage heavy games directly from SD card?

einsoren

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently researching Android phones that are below $250. So, I found the Samsung Galaxy S Duos which is affordable and matches the specs of some other low range phones. It has around 4GB internal memory and about 1.7GB is user available.

The interesting part of it is, I want to run some storage hungry apps (Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour - 1.9GB; N.O.V.A 3; Asphalt 7: Heat). As some of these apps require more than the available space on the Galaxy S Duos.

Now,

1) Can we install the apps directly on the SD card and run from there?

2) Or understood it all wrong? If I am, then somebody can please explain with utmost ease?

-Bhavesh

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Installing apps to SDCARD has been an issue, especially since Google and vanilla Android have gotten away from using/supporting SDCARDs. From there its been left in the hands of OEM's like Samsung who continue to use and support SDCARD expansion.

Some devices and versions of Android OS still support installing or moving apps to SDCARD and others don't.

In the case of the device you mentioned, I hate to say it but your back is almost against the wall from the start having a very small amount of space to play with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol