Which mobile should i pick

Mohamed Youssef

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

Am planning to upgrade soon :D, and the mobiles am considering are the Samsung S4 and the Nexus 4

Now about the nexus, you will get updates for like forever and it's price compared to it's specs is perfect. However in terms of storage i think 16 GB isn't enough
On the other hand, there is the S4 with it's many cool features, but then i was told that there is only 9 Gb for apps.

Now as i have never had an android device before.
-Is 9 Gb enough for apps or it's a bit low ?
-are the android OS upgrades a great deal or they don't add any new thing compared to the previous OS ?
-If you are an S4/Nexus4 owner, what is the pros/cons of the device ?
-And after all is the S4 really worth it's price or should i pick the nexus 4 ?

That would be it for now :D

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
do not download 9gbs of apps your phone would not work it would be so slow. i have a bunch and have 1.5 that includes some translation packs. both phones are awesome. the nexus will get updates until the phone is too old to get them and that will be longer than the non google phones. the upgrades are plentiful unless you have to wait on a carrier.

Mohamed Youssef

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
do not download 9gbs of apps your phone would not work it would be so slow. i have a bunch and have 1.5 that includes some translation packs. both phones are awesome. the nexus will get updates until the phone is too old to get them and that will be longer than the non google phones. the upgrades are plentiful unless you have to wait on a carrier.
Thanks for the reply
about the storage, what i meant was is 9gb enough as i haven't used android before !
and about the nexus, my only problem is with the 16 Gb storage, other than that i would pick it hands down

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply
about the storage, what i meant was is 9gb enough as i haven't used android before !
and about the nexus, my only problem is with the 16 Gb storage, other than that i would pick it hands down

9 GB is a lot of apps and app data, barring any large games/overly large gps apps like TomTom. With the S4, you can get an SD card giving you space for pics, music, and other media.

You should get more than 9 GB for the nexus, as the OS isnt as large, but no sd card.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
You might want to consider the HTC One, it has 32gb and 64gb of storage. If you play games the internal storage makes a huge difference. The more complex games can take as much as 3gb

Last edited:

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

Am planning to upgrade soon :D, and the mobiles am considering are the Samsung S4 and the Nexus 4

Now about the nexus, you will get updates for like forever...
Google does not always update their phones, sometimes they state their hardware is too old. Also updates don't always happen right away. They still have a better track record than any other Android vendor, but their no at the efficiency of IOS.

You mean 32 gb and 64 gb not mb
LOL, Yeah that's what I meant.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If in the US, the "Google Edition" S4 sounds like a good bet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12