1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google music overseas.

I know that one cannot use Google music if one lives in Europe. However if you live in the states and are travelling with a laptop will you still be denied access. I'm aware this might be a stupid question.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Google music overseas.

Chance s are high you can not. You will be accessing with an non us ip address
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by friedtators View Post
    Chance s are high you can not. You will be accessing with an non us ip address
    That's what I was afraid of. Read an article that said Google only checks your ip address the first time you use it but that seems like a gamble.

Posted via Android Central App

I'm from Canada. Used a US VPN (TunnelBear), connected to music.google.com. It asked for credit card info, I used my own CC#, but when it asks for an adress I used Microsoft's name and zip code. It let me register and use google music. That was a 2-3 months ago, never had a single issue using it afterwards without vpn.

When Google Music All Access went live last week or so, I went back to music.google.com, accepted the trial. It asked for CC# confirmation, I re-entered Microsoft and their head office's zip code, and it logged me right in, no VPN required.

Now, I'm not sure yet if yes or no they will process payment on my credit card in a month when renewal starts, but so far so good.

Try it, it's a great service.