Some phone buying advice needed

torndownunit

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I'm new user to the forum.

I have had an iPhone 4 for the last 3 years, and I am due for a phone upgrade in August. I've had no issues with it, but am curious about some of the other phones out there. I got a Nexus 7 when they were on sale here a month or so ago to give Android a try, and I am really enjoying it.

From my understanding, the Android I am using on that device is not exactly what comes on phones like the S4 or HTC one though? They add some of their own stuff to it? If I wanted that plain Android right now (if I upgraded early), I would need something like the Nexus 4?

I have read their other other Google versions of models like the S4 coming out. Will any of these be available by August? Will their pricing be similar to iPhone pricing or less?

If I was to get an early upgrade right now, I'd be looking at the HTC One or S4. But are their other models I shouldn't be overlooking?

Last but not least, while I like a lot of what I read about the HTC one, I read a lot of reviews knocking it's camera. I take reviews with a grain of salt though, and would rather here from some people actually using it. A camera is one thing I use a ton of a cell phone for work reasons, the convenience of having it on my phone is huge. So it's definitely a factor in the phone I pick.

Thanks for any help guys.

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
the nexus 4 is a fine phone and will give you quick access when android is upgraded. carrier phones sometimes get upgraded sometimes not. and they can be sloooooow to put the upgrade out.

LG Pro. all phones have their strengths.