I love Apple keynotes..

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
After a few months of intense civil war among android users, I am glad we can finally reunite in our bashing of apple and iOS7. Samsung vs HTC got a little intense there for a while. The forums were littered with GS4 vs HTC One threads. I will enjoy the next few days talking smack about how literally everything that iOS7 added today was very Android-ish

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Yup...they brought some much need changes, but many of them are things we have been using for years. I was especially struck at the 2010 Gingerbread slam. Yes, Android is fragmented, but even 2010 versions are way ahead of what iOS has been doing. They are still playing catch up. That being said they announced some positive changes today that will address some things left unaddressed for way too long...like easy access to the phone radios and grouping of photos. Very nice. As a Mac user who does video editing, the best news was the new Mac Pro coming. Support for three 4k monitors? That's pretty amazing. Even if it does look like a trash can....lol

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
After a few months of intense civil war among android users, I am glad we can finally reunite in our bashing of apple and iOS7. Samsung vs HTC got a little intense there for a while. The forums were littered with GS4 vs HTC One threads. I will enjoy the next few days talking smack about how literally everything that iOS7 added today was very Android-ish

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I love how some android users think every feature on their handset originated with android. I will enjoy the next few days watching them make fools of themselves making claims as such in threads like this.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Nemephosis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
See, if we had had this stuff just last year, I MIIIIIGHT have stayed with iOS. That's a big "might" though, as it's still going to be locked down, still going to be the "our way or the highway" approach, still static and uncustomizable. If that works for a person, then hey, use it, my hat's off to you. I did for three and a half years. Personally, I didn't like the closed-off-ness of it anymore.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
See, if we had had this stuff just last year, I MIIIIIGHT have stayed with iOS. That's a big "might" though, as it's still going to be locked down, still going to be the "our way or the highway" approach, still static and uncustomizable. If that works for a person, then hey, use it, my hat's off to you. I did for three and a half years. Personally, I didn't like the closed-off-ness of it anymore.

Its actually more customizable than in the past. Apparently the UI will adjust highlight colors and certain elements of the UI when you change your wallpaper.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I love how some android users think every feature on their handset originated with android. I will enjoy the next few days watching them make fools of themselves making claims as such in threads like this.

No different from all the iOS and Mac users who think Apple invented every innovation in computing and mobile devices.

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Actually, it's not just every Android user. Nearly everyone who isn't an Apple fan will unite against Apple.

Ignoring that rather obvious hyperbole, it's actually fun to talk to people when they think a certain feature actually originated from their OS of choice. For example, some WP users who think that card-based multitasking originated from WP instead of webOS...

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
Oh I'm sure you'll be joining them from the other side of the fence. ;)

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I really don't have anything against Apple. I still use an iPod touch for my music player (even though iTunes is the spawn of Satan). I encourage people to stick with Apple if they enjoy it and are relatively invested in the ecosystem.

But I'd be lying if I said I'm not a little relieved? WWDC was rather underwhelming. Not because I wish Apple to fail (I really don't my wife calling me every second because her 4s isn't doing what she wants it to do). No I'm relieved that the whole "walks on water"approach the media takes with Apple is finally coming to an end. I don't think I will have to worry about nothing but Apple this and Apple that for the next few weeks as a result of today's announcements

Apple users can simply be happy (or not) with the refinements and we can all just move on.

Now about that Nexus 5...:D

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app

ICEmayne

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I can say every Android phone is iPhone-ish because of the touchscreen. Apple was the first to release a touchscreen that was very accurate to the touch and worked like magic. It took the competition a bit to catch up. Let's face it, anything that any competitor does at this point in technology someone will and can claim someone else did it first. I guess since it has been done by one competitor, it shouldn't be done by anyone else?

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I can say every Android phone is iPhone-ish because of the touchscreen. Apple was the first to release a touchscreen that was very accurate to the touch and worked like magic. It took the competition a bit to catch up. Let's face it, anything that any competitor does at this point in technology someone will and can claim someone else did it first. I guess since it has been done by one competitor, it shouldn't be done by anyone else?

IBM created the first touch screen phone in 1982. it was called the Simon. Apple revitalized the concept and turned it into viable market. To say every Android phone is "iPhone-ish" simply because it has the same form factor is like saying every Accord is Camry-ish because it has four doors and for wheels.

ICEmayne

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
IBM created the first touch screen phone in 1982. it was called the Simon. Apple revitalized the concept and turned it into viable market. To say every Android phone is "iPhone-ish" simply because it has the same form factor is like saying every Accord is Camry-ish because it has four doors and for wheels.

Tomato, tomatoe.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
But I'd be lying if I said I'm not a little relieved? WWDC was rather underwhelming.

That is because you may have been focusing on IOS7. I thought the new Mac Pro was exciting and is now on the top of my next computer purchase list. I like some of the new Mac OSX TerribleNameNow features too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85