Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Default iOS 7...thoughts?

I think the design is beautiful, and the attention to detail great. However, nothing feature wise surprised me because it seems like nothing that was presented was brand new. Android has had those features in some form or another.
    Last edited by cjohn4043; 06-11-2013 at 12:19 AM.

Global Posts
    2,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Default Re: iOS 7...thoughts?

Really looks good and plan on picking up a future iOS device to try it out

- VZW GS4 -

Quote Originally Posted by cjohn4043 View Post
    I think the design is beautiful, and the attention to detail great. However, nothing feature wise surprised me because it was all taken from some form from Android.
    None of what was announced today was taken from android. It all existed before either android or iOS were even a glimmer in their respective creators' eyes.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

I thought it looked pretty awesome! Add widget support, and a 4.7 inch screen and I would be all over it!

SENT FROM ANDROID CENTRAL'S TOP SMARTPHONE OF 2013!! WOOT WOOT!
    Thanked by:
    Chetan Takyar likes this.

i like the new iOS design, but let's wait for the reviews of users, previous iOS 6 had lots of drawbacks..
    Intellectsoft. We build software. Intelligently.

Is "ffffffhhahahahahahaa" an acceptable answer? Cause that's what I did.

I'm sorry, I can't take that pastel stuff seriously.
    Thanked by:
    GadgetGator likes this.

ROM
    ViperOne

Looks better but nothing that makes me want to switch back. PS4 laying the smacketh down was far more interesting for me.
    Thanked by 2:
    Darth Spock likes this.

IOS 7 looks good. IOS needed a lot of work. I used to own the iPhone 4 and 5 then I switched to android. I didn't like being locked in. I like the openness of android and android overall. Before everyone starts criticizing Apple and iOS 7 remember it's only in 1st beta right now.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Last edited by dylanrod24; 06-12-2013 at 03:38 PM.

I agree with the design, it looks beautiful.

Looks goodbut I don't like the new icon colors too bright kind of girly

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    GadgetGator likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DS1331 View Post
    Looks goodbut I don't like the new icon colors too bright kind of girly

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    Kinda agree it had a girly feel,someone in my area on craigslist selling a 64gb sealed iPhone 5 for 750 running ios7 its his developer licensed one,not a bad deal for a apple fan being 64gb is like 849 unlocked from store,I wish when they release klp someone would pull that deal lol

sent from the smartphone of 2013 HTC ONE...

Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    ROM
    Original 2.3.4

Looks like apple "borrowed" from every platform including its jailbreaking scene. Some things look good some things are crappy looking but its still in beta. Still locked into apple ecosystem so pretty much useless for me since I want to keep my options opened and have the ability to easily switch to windows or something else that comes along
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3,374 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

I hope they dial back the colors a little and clean up the icons. It looks like a Fisher Price toy in some way IMO.
    GadgetGator likes this.

Global Posts
    3,374 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by kalex View Post
    Looks like apple "borrowed" from every platform including its jailbreaking scene. Some things look good some things are crappy looking but its still in beta. Still locked into apple ecosystem so pretty much useless for me since I want to keep my options opened and have the ability to easily switch to windows or something else that comes along
    FYI you are only "locked" if you let them lock you. There's nothing that prevents you from enjoying iOS, Windows, and Android all at the same time. I'm having a ball with all three.

Ios7 looks great in design. I look forward to playing with it on my ipad. However it still doesn't do anything my note 2 doesn't do. I'm pretty sure there will be a ios7 icon pack on the play store and a launcher before they actually release the real ios 7 lol

Posted via Android Central App

Looks great but I still like S4.

Global Posts
    3,374 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Andyvalver View Post
    Ios7 looks great in design. I look forward to playing with it on my ipad. However it still doesn't do anything my note 2 doesn't do. I'm pretty sure there will be a ios7 icon pack on the play store and a launcher before they actually release the real ios 7 lol

Posted via Android Central App
    I'll have to keep an eye for this these.

I'd say it's meh. The whole thing is rubbish. Just like everything else Apple have made. Everything introduced on IOS 7, Android already has it or can do it. "We now have multitasking..." Congratulations? My S2 can multitask. The whole interface looks like it was made for a toy phone- it looks bubbly and it is waaay too gordy. Have all of this on a lanky 3.5-4 inch screen and you've got trouble on your hands my friend. Knowing Apple, they'll produce phones like this for another six years or so with the EXACT same software, just changing the screen size every now and then and their iSheep will flock around to buy it. Call me biased- you know I've got a point.
    return_0 likes this.

I like that it addresses some long standing shortcomings, (number of items in folders, access to radios, multitasking for all apps) but it's still locked down too much and those colors and icons are just horrendous. I honestly do not know how the same person who comes up with all the elegant classy styles for hardware, can be the one responsible for the cotton candy preschool colors when it comes to software. The hardware might look professional, but the software, graphically, most certainly does not.
    If I wanted limits on what I could do with a device, I would have an iPhone!

Quote Originally Posted by androidforum View Post
    I'd say it's meh. The whole thing is rubbish. Just like everything else Apple have made. Everything introduced on IOS 7, Android already has it or can do it. "We now have multitasking..." Congratulations? My S2 can multitask. The whole interface looks like it was made for a toy phone- it looks bubbly and it is waaay too gordy. Have all of this on a lanky 3.5-4 inch screen and you've got trouble on your hands my friend. Knowing Apple, they'll produce phones like this for another six years or so with the EXACT same software, just changing the screen size every now and then and their iSheep will flock around to buy it. Call me biased- you know I've got a point.
    You don't really, because you don't even know what features they actually announced.

Thanked by 2:
    Chetan Takyar likes this.

I think they did a pretty decent job. Looks clean. I think the reason maybe more features weren't introduced is because when Ives took over, he had only 9 months to get rid of all the garbage that Scott Forestall had put in with the green felt, wood bookcases, fake card shredders, fake leather calendars, etc . If you watch the little video of Ives talking about it, he said it was a Beginning.

I'll be interested to see where iOS 8 goes. Until then I'm still cool with my S4.
    iOS and Android are BOTH great. iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5S, LG Optimus G Pro, S3, S4, Note 3, Moto X, Nokia 520, Nokia 1520 (8.1)..
    Currently using LG G2 and iPhone 5s.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    None of what was announced today was taken from android. It all existed before either android or iOS were even a glimmer in their respective creators' eyes.

As an iPhone user I think it was greatly inspired by Android. And that is a good thing. I really think Android is top notch, only I like the Apple ecosystem. So here I get a bit more functionality. Good stuff, and yes Apple was inspired by others and are taking flac for it, but such is the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by vdroide View Post
    As an iPhone user I think it was greatly inspired by Android. And that is a good thing. I really think Android is top notch, only I like the Apple ecosystem. So here I get a bit more functionality. Good stuff, and yes Apple was inspired by others and are taking flac for it, but such is the industry.
    Looking at the comparisons out there, they were actually more 'inspired' by WebOS than anything else. It just so happens that Android also drew significantly from WebOS as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kalex View Post
    Looks like apple "borrowed" from every platform including its jailbreaking scene.
    Yeah, but they've been borrowing from the jailbreaking scene for a long time. Not that I ever minded, since when I wasn't jailbroken it was nice to finally get simple tweaks and features that the phone should have had all along.

I hope someone goes along and outlines everything apple "borrowed". They sure like to throw pissy fits and lawsuits any time someone borrows their stuff, but it's supposed to be perfectly fine and acceptable when they do it. Let's just say if they start getting the other end of the lawsuit-hammer, it won't sadden me.

edit: Skyping with a buddy, he just said:

"lol it looks like Windows Phone threw up on an Android"

I... find it hard to disagree with that. I am still of the opinion that one should use what works for them and if iOS is it, then that's great, but honestly, that seems like a pretty good assessment IMO...

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Looking at the comparisons out there, they were actually more 'inspired' by WebOS than anything else. It just so happens that Android also drew significantly from WebOS as well.
    Well the cards thing was definitely WebOS. But I had a Pre as my first smartphone, so I am very excited for that feature for sure..
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast