Anyone considering switching to iOS now?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Looking at some of the stuff in iOS 7, im liking it alot. call it copying if you want, but its some of the best stuff from android. plus on ios we generaly get better battery life, so thats a plus. I dont know, maybe im being fickle, but im not sure which way im going when my upgrade is available (ios or android.)

has anything in ios 7 made you maybe consider switching?

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Not interested either. Having come from iPhone I'm just sick of it. Yes they have definitely brought in more features, but I don't believe it can compete on the same level as the openness and customisation of an android device. The screen size is another big problem for me. I love a big screen, and using my sisters iPhone 5 is it just unbearable for me now. Sticking with my galaxy s4 and will continue to use android for a lonng time

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
The simplicity of Apple just "fits" for some people. For example I would suggest an iPhone for my 70+ y/o parents simply for its ease of use coming from a feature phone. I know I wouldn't be on the phone with them every other day trying to explain things to them (the way I am with their pc)
That said, if you want total customization & freedom, you really can't go wrong with any of the newer Android phones.
Good luck with your decision and let us know what you decide on. :)

tap'n

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Ios7 alone wouldn't sell me. It's the whole package of a phone and it has to work for me. I was on iPhone since 2008. The new features feel like, to me, that they are reluctantly offering us a piece of the crust of a pie, while android willingly shares 3/4 of it. Just my opinion. I'm just very sick of ios and they didn't change enough for me to miss it. At all. I had to do something on my mother's iPhone today and the screen size bothered me after using a 5inch phone for a month. She loves the simplicity and reliability of it. My (almost) 71 year old father uses a note 2 after being with a 3gs for 2 years and in his words, "I could never go back" so in essence, it's what makes you squee with joy when using it. What will you use your smartphone for? Weigh the pros and cons before you jump on board. Good luck!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Nope, if anything the horrendous pastel color choices have only served to keep me put. They have definitely made some improvements but the openness of Android allows me to change things I don't like. Or to add things not present. For instance I heavily rely on geofencing to turn on wifi, keep the screen dimmer but on longer when I get home vs. bright but short and no wifi when out and about. Even my wallpaper changes based on location. I would miss all that flexibility and that includes choices of hardware rather then being given one choice once a year.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Its a good change but nothing that'd make me switch.

Sent from my HTC One

Exactly. If you're already in that system, it's great. If you're already on Android, they just picked up some things Android already had, so what's the benefit of moving? You gain nothing (in terms of features) and still lose some functionality.

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to switch but I have a 4s laying around and there's a developer that I know that will loaf the software and sign it into his development account I'm gonna do that tomorrow to play around but only cause it's new and no one has it I won't be giving up my android though, they would have to release a he'll of a phone for me to do that and we all know this yr will prob be a 5s

sent from my favorite phone of the year HTC one, don't mean it has to be yours

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
My main gripe with android is worrying about battery and getting optimal performance or worrying things are bogging it down. With iPhone, since it's under lock and key from apple, I don't need to worry about that so much.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I like the direction Apple is taking. People need to realize, Apple isn't trying to be android and throw everything and the kitchen sink at their OS.
They are taking a different road. I love iOS. it's an awesome operating system. but, I really am enjoying my 5" S4 screen.
I may just grab an ipod touch or iPad mini so I can have an iOS device for fun and keep my S4 as my every day device.

Both Android and Apple have a lot to offer, just in different ways. I honestly wish people would stop comparing the two OS's. They both obviously have 2 different goals.
Much like Mac and PC. Hell, if Microsoft had ALL the apps that iOS/Android have. I might be on a WP8 right now.

Ives just took over months ago. Give him another year. See what he comes up with in iOS 8. I think he did a wonderful job with iOS 7.
If Apple were to shock the world and release a device with a 5" screen come october. I'll switch back to iOS. S4 works for me until then.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I personally have no intentions of moving to iOS, but I like having that option available for people that want the more simple experience. I have recommended iOS to a few people, but that doesn't make we want it for my daily driver.

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
This being an Android forum and Android now on version 4.2.2, you are not likely to find a large number of people saying yes.

Not because Android is better or worse than iOS, it just tends to appeal to a particular type of user and these forms are full of them :eek:

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
The loss of control and one size fits all are the primary reasons it's unlikely I'll ever return to iOS except the iPod. It looks nice to me and I'm sure my friends that love Apple will enjoy it as well.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Looking at some of the stuff in iOS 7, im liking it alot. call it copying if you want, but its some of the best stuff from android. plus on ios we generaly get better battery life, so thats a plus. I dont know, maybe im being fickle, but im not sure which way im going when my upgrade is available (ios or android.)

has anything in ios 7 made you maybe consider switching?

I'm tempted.

If the next iphone is made with s larger screen, ios7,jailbroken, I'm switching back.

Ios in its current state SUCKS and Android is best, but if they jailbreak it AND give it a larger screen I'll be willing to switch back.

But I doubt they'll give us larger screens

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Tyla Shi

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I was definitely impressed by the progression that Apple is heading towards, perhaps my next itouch ? Doesn't have to have cellular, I have my phone for that. :D

Sent from my HTC One

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'll be upgrading in the fall to the new iPhone unless they come out with a nexus phone with 3000mah battery. I'll never touch another android unless its a nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams