Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By haillyl
  • 1 Post By madlaw1071
  • 1 Post By madlaw1071
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Butterfly S is official

Quad core 1.9GHz Snapdragon 600 with boom sound, ultra pixel camera, and 5inches 1080p display.

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Default Re: HTC Butterfly S is official

It's like this phone was made specifically to kill the Galaxy S4. It kills the One too and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, some people might get upset seeing their new phone become outdated in 2 months. This is what the One should have been imo.

It also has a pretty damn impressive 3200mAh battery and micro SD storage.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Suda View Post
    It's like this phone was made specifically to kill the Galaxy S4. It kills the One too and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, some people might get upset seeing their new phone become outdated in 2 months. This is what the One should have been imo.

It also has a pretty damn impressive 3200mAh battery and micro SD storage.
    Exactly what I thought.

It is definitely a puzzling move by HTC. I was under the impression that they were eliminating expandable memory in their devices with the release of the ONE. But with the possibility that it will also have a removable battery that's an interesting move. I could care less about expandable memory if the internal storage is large enough(32 gigs or better) but the removable battery is a big deal. As stated above, this device has everything the S4 has but with a bigger battery. I have the S4 and the ONE and I have been contemplating selling the S4 and just using the ONE. However, my only concern was longevity of the ONE. How long will it be supported and will it hold any resale value. This announcement kind of concerns me as I believe most people if given the choice between the ONE and BUTTERFLY S would choose the Butterfly S. It will be interesting to see if this device goes to US carriers or if it will be a Verizon exclusive of sorts.
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by benhmadison View Post
    It is definitely a puzzling move by HTC. I was under the impression that they were eliminating expandable memory in their devices with the release of the ONE. But with the possibility that it will also have a removable battery that's an interesting move. I could care less about expandable memory if the internal storage is large enough(32 gigs or better) but the removable battery is a big deal. As stated above, this device has everything the S4 has but with a bigger battery. I have the S4 and the ONE and I have been contemplating selling the S4 and just using the ONE. However, my only concern was longevity of the ONE. How long will it be supported and will it hold any resale value. This announcement kind of concerns me as I believe most people if given the choice between the ONE and BUTTERFLY S would choose the Butterfly S. It will be interesting to see if this device goes to US carriers or if it will be a Verizon exclusive of sorts.
    You are right man. I was wondering why HTC doesn't make it a 5.++inches phablet, something like a note2 or the coming note3, at least it won't affect the One's sales/value that much. The fact is butterfly S is a 5inches smartphone. HTC just killed their own One while it's just few months old.

Quote Originally Posted by benhmadison View Post
    16GB internal storage, 64GB expandable. HTC should've gone all out and delayed this thing about a month or two so that it'd have a Snapdragon 800.

I doubt it'll come to any carrier, maybe an outside chance of it being Verizon's "Droid One", but you should be able to buy it unlocked from the usual places. It doesn't have 4G/LTE at launch but as I see it it's only a matter of time before these phones start getting fitted with US bands. And honestly, if the One was the only phone I had and I didn't use my Nexus 4 a lot more than it, I'd be pretty upset with this news. I actually see what people mean now when they say that a "+" version of whatever HTC's calling their flagship will come out months after, now that I actually have one. Samsung is sort of doing the same thing making an S4 with an S800, but everything else is the same so it doesn't hurt as bad. This phone is flat out better than the One.
    Last edited by Suda; 06-19-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haillyl View Post
    You are right man. I was wondering why HTC doesn't make it a 5.++inches phablet, something like a note2 or the coming note3, at least it won't affect the One's sales/value that much. The fact is butterfly S is a 5inches smartphone. HTC just killed their own One while it's just few months old.

They're making a phablet too, it'll have the S800.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

16GB internal storage, 64GB expandable. HTC should've gone all out and delayed this thing about a month or two so that it'd have a Snapdragon 800.

I doubt it'll come to any carrier, maybe an outside chance of it being Verizon's "Droid One", but you should be able to buy it unlocked from the usual places. It doesn't have 4G/LTE at launch but as I see it it's only a matter of time before these phones start getting fitted with US bands. And honestly, if the One was the only phone I had and I didn't use my Nexus 4 a lot more than it, I'd be pretty upset with this news. I actually see what people mean now when they say that a "+" version of whatever HTC's calling their flagship will come out months after, now that I actually have one. Samsung is sort of doing the same thing making an S4 with an S800, but everything else is the same so it doesn't hurt as bad. This phone is flat out better than the One.
    So HTC One+.....Droid DNA S maybe for US version? Lol.. It kind of reminds me of Nokia' s old way of production,they released more than one flagship in a year time and now that company is dying.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

They're making a phablet too, it'll have the S800.
    I mean if they let the butterfly s be their phablet or don't release it at all, the situation 'll just better, at least it won't upset HTC One's users.

benhmadison and DS1331 like this.

Wow, this phone is available in the US for only $849!
    haillyl likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    Wow, this phone is available in the US for only $849!
    Wow. Just saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by haillyl View Post
    Wow. Just saw it.

I would buy it at $700
    haillyl likes this.

Yeah I don't think it will kill the one, not right away atleast, 5" was to big for me and they still have the mini coming out as well, I might take A spin on that little guy

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app