1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Default Samsung Galaxy popularity

I currently live in Mexico. And as most would know, the country is not very rich, but lately it has experienced massive growth in the middle class. Now a significant portion of the population has what can be considered disposable income.

Smartphones are getting very popular here, the lower end Nokia and Android running devices are selling like hot bread and butter. The flagships are popular though not as common as the aforementioned. People generally think iPhones (the latest) are high end phones, and people try their best to own one. A year ago, it was among the most seen phone here, usually one of the older models.. But there is a phone that is gaining a lot of popularity. I am now seeing this phone everywhere, business men, teachers, shop owners, etc. It is the Samsung Galaxy S3. Samsung seem to have stuck gold with that phone and even now with its newer sibling out the doors, this GS3 seems to be it. Safe to see, in terms quantity of any "one" phone I see on a daily basis, it is up for grabs between the GS3 or the GS3 mini. Interesting turn of events.

How is the GS3 doing in your neck of the woods..
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy popularity

It is still pretty common around here. It's a little cheaper now that the s4 is out, and it is still very much a reliable phone. If I remember correctly, it has been one of the highest selling phones on most carriers.

Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2

The S3 is extremely popular for what is a mid sized city in Oklahoma. I see almost 1 a day if not more, especially if I am looking. It is either iphone 4+ or a Galaxy S/Note device I see most people using.

I live in Oklahoma city also, and I just seen 3 Gs3's in the same area. This phone has really took off. I see them at school also. It is unusal normally I see I phone's all the time. I dont feel different anymore.
    _X_

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts

Pretty much what everyone just repeated. I own the note and do see a good amount but the S3/S4 seem to be very popular.

Rocking with the Note II

The S3 was/is a great thing for Android. I know several people who have the S3 and it was one of my favorite phones of all time. In our bashing of Samsung's massive marketing budget talks we seem to lose sight of the bigger picture. Their massive marketing budget has brought many people to Android who would have otherwise never given it a second look. But yes to answer your question the S3 is just a special device.
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP