Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts

Default Apple iCloud vs Samsung Link/All Share ????

I really like how iOS links up all your Appple devices, (iphone with your iPads) pictures, music and the rest.

As a past member of the Apple ecosystem Im looking for the best Android alternative,,,,, I currently own a GS4, a Note ll, a Nexus 10 tablet and an ipad 2 (sold my ip5).

Yes, Dropbox and the new Samsung Link seem like alternatives to iCloud but still not as seemless and automatic as iCloud is.

If Samsung offers an ecosystem type cloud service that is as seemless and automatic as iCloud then cool,,,,, I will stick with my GS4 and also stick with my plan of getting the soon to be released Galaxy Tab 3, 8" and 10" models,,,, that's my first choice plan.

If Samsung Link is a waste then I might be tempted to go back to the ip5, ipad mini and keep my current ipad 2 to keep all my devices mated up with pics, docs, calendar, contacts and notes in the Apple ecosystem.

Suggestions would be very welcome.

On a side note,,,, the Samsung Tab 3's were supposed to be released this month,,,, yet I still can't find a real solid release date anywhere online,,, and at the Samsung June 20th event they only talked about the ATIV Tab 3's (Windows/Android tabs) with no mention of just the Tab 3's that are rumored to be out this month,,,, wtf was up with that,,, why no mention at all of the Android only Tab 3's ???

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Cheers
    Davyo

Default Re: Apple iCloud vs Samsung Link/All Share ????

iCloud is locked to the iOS platform, Mac and Windows (Control Panel) platform.
    Link and All Share are great methods to transfer files over local networks but not over long distances.

Your only viable solutions would be to go and look for cross platform cloud services, such as dropbox (already mentioned), sugar sync, google drive, and etc...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts

Default Re: Apple iCloud vs Samsung Link/All Share ????

Well,,,, I pre-ordered the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 so I guess I'm sticking with the Android ecosystem for what it is,,,after some more looking at Dropbox it should be ok,,,, not as seamless as iOS but it will work.

While I love the ip5 I like my GS4 more (I'll still keep my ipad 2, Nexus 10) and soon to have the Tab 3 8.0,,,,,,,but the ipad 5 is still on my shopping list if its as cool as the rumors would suggest.

Cheers
    Davyo