Old Blackberry user about to switch

crackcookie

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I have had Blackberries for a while, just picked up the Q10 and it feels very limited, it is almost like they are two years late to the game. So I am thinking, why pay the same price for other phones...that can do more?

I want to switch this weekend, so, concisely tell me which phone you think I should get and why! I was leaning towards the HTC One Silver!

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, it should be between the HTC One and Galaxy S4. There's a lot of threads on HTC One VS Galaxy S4. The main difference is that the S4 has a removable battery and SD card. Go try both of them out to see which is better for you.
No matter which one you get just remember that there is a learning curve from Blackberry to Android. It will take you a couple of weeks to learn how Android does things, and for you to forget the way you did them on Blackberry.
And these are two good threads for info:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/141534-blackberry-users-guide-android.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/31622-getting-started-android-tips-tricks.html

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the GS4 and love it. Best phone in the market. Bigger screen,so many features, just all round great phone. I think you should check out the GS4 or Note 2.

3Dee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Howdy! If you haven't made the switch yet then my advice is...do it! Switched from being a longtime BB user to the HTC One a couple of months ago, and I haven't looked back.

Android is great, and the best kept secret from BB users is that everything you liked about the BB user experience is probably just as good (if not better) on Android. I was really worried about leaving behind the BB advanced message ecosystem to find that my HTC One is just as good, if not better. No-one talks about the Android email clients, but the one on the One is great. As a longtime BBM user, I actually think I prefer Google Hangouts too.

Good luck, happy shopping, and let us know how you get on!

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

crackcookie

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I ended up picking the HTC One, I was a bit upset that I didn't get in on Amazon, and save 100$ but oh well. I picked the 32 or (24) gig simply because who even uses all of their storage space anyway? I maybe use 4 gigs max and the battery is long enough so it is fine.

What I was mainly upset about was the BB was basically a feature phone, yes it has flash and can now use the internet, but without a large screen and certain apps (like chase bank) it is so far behind other phones that I shouldn't be charged for a data plan on it, I might as well have the best!

I have used Android before so I am not brand new, but I would like to start doing things that are super fun. I would like to have pokemon on my phone, my brother has one on his S2, so I want one too, and maybe root kit stuff, I dunno, you guys seem quite interesting!

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I have had Blackberries for a while, just picked up the Q10 and it feels very limited, it is almost like they are two years late to the game. So I am thinking, why pay the same price for other phones...that can do more?

I want to switch this weekend, so, concisely tell me which phone you think I should get and why! I was leaning towards the HTC One Silver!

Go for it. Fabulous! :)