What Samsung's marketing machine has accomplished

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I was in Best Buy today with my wife looking for her an iphone case(tragic I know) and what I witnessed was the end result of Samsung's massive marketing budget. As usual it was packed and everyone and their mother(literally) had iphones. As I started to pay attention I noticed 3 different curent iphone customers who were all waiting to upgrade start to talk about the Galaxy S4. It was like a sewing circle as they talked about the commercials and how big and bright the screen was. As far as I could tell all 3 had decided to get the Galaxy S4. This is less about whether or not you like Samsung, but more about what they have done to introduce the "average user" to the Android platform. I think it's wonderful that people that would have never considered switching from an iphone are looking at Android for the first time and it's due largely to the massive marketing budget of Samsung. To me this is great news for the platform we all love and enjoy!

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Although I'm still longing for the day when there are an equal number of Samsung accessories (earphones, cases, etc.) to iPhone accessories....

Yea that will be awesome! However I still remember when I had the S2 for ATT and the only place I could even buy a case was the ATT store. We have come a long way as now you can get cases/charging docs for the S3 and S4 at many retailers.

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Yea that will be awesome! However I still remember when I had the S2 for ATT and the only place I could even buy a case was the ATT store. We have come a long way as now you can get cases/charging docs for the S3 and S4 at many retailers.
I'm just thankful that the micro USB cable is so generic and is used in a lot of electrical goods, like Kindles and the like!

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes it's true people hear the s4 and get excited, reminds me of the same excitement Apple use to generate....Not sure if that's a good thing.

The other day my sis was showing off her s4 and everyone was talking about the features. My brother pulled out this iPhone and comment about how good the iPhone was. The conversation quickly went back to Samsung's features and their phones.

Today's its all about Samsung and Android.

Rocking with the Note II

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22