Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S4 sales and manufacture

I read Sammy counts it's sales figures as what it ships to retailers not actual sales of the phone. Does every phone manufacture do this same thing? Isn't that kind of counting your eggs before their hatched, because I don't think they get all their money until att and ect. Actually sell the phone to the customer right ? Just curious thanks !

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: S4 sales and manufacture

Pretty much. Most phones are not sold by the manufacturer directly to the end user. The manufacturers sell to wholesalers or carriers, and don't really have direct visibility into sales to the end-user. The manufacturer also gets paid by the carrier or wholesaler, and that's the relevant number for them from a revenue and profit standpoint.

It's a pretty good proxy, however. Verizon (and other carriers) isn't going to keep ordering new phones from Samsung unless they're selling the ones they already purchased, and expect to sell the new ones.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:
    DS1331 
    DS1331 likes this.