Apple is falling...doomed?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
No, they won't fail. Despite their stuff becoming more and more behind, they have enough people so in love with their ecosystem that they could release a brick with their logo and they'd sell millions. They're marketing is one of the best out there, and people like to stick to what they enjoy.

quest7

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Also, it will shoot back up after they release their next phone. And, that ecosystem is hard to break. People have a lot of money tied up in apps and accessories .

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
No, they won't fail. Despite their stuff becoming more and more behind, they have enough people so in love with their ecosystem that they could release a brick with their logo and they'd sell millions. They're marketing is one of the best out there, and people like to stick to what they enjoy.

Their marketing is great, but so is the iPhone. I wouldn't say that it is falling behind. It is a smooth, reliable phone, which does everything that MOST people want, and does it very well. And no, I am not an Apple fanboy, as I have a Razr HD. But I have owned a 4S and a 5, and for smoothness and fluidity, Android doesn't equal it yet. For someone that basically makes phone calls, texts, and e-mails, it can't be beat.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Their marketing is great, but so is the iPhone. I wouldn't say that it is falling behind. It is a smooth, reliable phone, which does everything that MOST people want, and does it very well. And no, I am not an Apple fanboy, as I have a Razr HD. But I have owned a 4S and a 5, and for smoothness and fluidity, Android doesn't equal it yet. For someone that basically makes phone calls, texts, and e-mails, it can't be beat.

Wow, this is exactly what an Apple store rep said to me once! Verbatim! Isn't that crazy??

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

It actually does match iOS in smoothness. It has for a while now.

Posted via Android Central App

SiempreTuna

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Actually, Apple increased it's market share in the US in the last quarter. It also increased turnover and profits (though not by as much as the market hoped). It also makes the majority of profits made through smartphone manufacturing - that means, it makes about as much profit as ALL the other manufacturers (make from smartphones) combined.

If that's doomed, it sounds pretty darned good to me ..

The share price has taken a beating over the last 6 months or so but that's because Apple has stopped growing at an unprecedented rate for a company it's size - though it continues to grow at a rate most companies can only dream about. Arguably, it is slowly evolving (devolving?) into a more 'normal' company. What's been missing is the big new thing. Or rather, the thing that's been around for ages but that could be re-conceived in a way that would make it popular. Current possibilities include smartwatches, TVs and maybe smart glasses. None sound very promising and history is littered with failures, but then exactly the same could be said of tablets and look what happened with the iPad ..

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Apple has so much money, if they were to not sell a single item. They still could pay themselves a billon dollars for the next 100 plus years.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
For the basic text, call, email, camera, and music player the iPhone can't be beat. Great battery life super smooth UI quality apps and easy to use. Most people don't care about much more than that. What some people see as the iphones weakness (simplicity) is its greatest strength.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
For the basic text, call, email, camera, and music player the iPhone can't be beat. Great battery life super smooth UI quality apps and easy to use. Most people don't care about much more than that. What some people see as the iphones weakness (simplicity) is its greatest strength.

Exactly!

+1

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

I agree but I will add that it does well more than just calls, texts and emails, Android is a very good OS but it is not as smooth and fluid as iOS, that is undisputed. Android is perfect for people who like to tinker with their phones all the time, when I used Android it consumed a big portion of my day, rooting, installing ROMs etc, since I moved to the iPhone everything works and I don't spend anytime changing anything. The straw that broke the camel's back for me with Android was when I needed to make a 911 call and my phone froze, had to look for something more reliable.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I agree but I will add that it does well more than just calls, texts and emails, Android is a very good OS but it is not as smooth and fluid as iOS, that is undisputed. Android is perfect for people who like to tinker with their phones all the time, when I used Android it consumed a big portion of my day, rooting, installing ROMs etc, since I moved to the iPhone everything works and I don't spend anytime changing anything. The straw that broke the camel's back for me with Android was when I needed to make a 911 call and my phone froze, had to look for something more reliable.

I definitely feel you there. I loved the simplicity and reliability of my iPhone 4 when I had it.I'll be back on the dark side once the iPhone 5s comes out. Either way I'm positive apple is not hurting in any way shape or form.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Both OS's have their good and bad points. It's all in what each person likes. I, for one, would like to have both! But if I had to make a choice, it would probably be iPhone..........maybe :)

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Their U.S. marketshare is increasing, while Android's is falling slightly.

Not very accurate.

screen-shot-2013-06-04-at-3-40-58-pm.png

Google down 0.3 and Apple up 1.4. And that's only for 1 quarter. Insignificant numbers and only in the USA. Here's a far more accurate breakdown:

Android Is Steadily Devouring Apple

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Not very accurate.

http://boygeniusreport.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/screen-shot-2013-06-04-at-3-40-58-pm.png?w=942

Google down 0.3 and Apple up 1.4. And that's only for 1 quarter. Insignificant numbers and only in the USA. Here's a far more accurate breakdown:

I'm sorry but the article said that the iPhone sold more units in the first Q than all Android combined! And then it proceeds to say that Android is shipping more! You still think that Android is "Devouring" Apple?

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Not very accurate.

http://boygeniusreport.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/screen-shot-2013-06-04-at-3-40-58-pm.png?w=942

My statement is very accurate. Apple has been increasing U.S. marketshare for the last three quarters, while Android has mainly been falling. Your "far more accurate" breakdown is global. I'm only speaking of the U.S.. When iPhones account for over half the smartphones sold on basically every major carrier, their marketshare has to rise.

Global numbers mean nothing to me, as a lot of people in other countries just cannot afford the iPhone. I live in the USA, so that is where I base my numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech