Struggling on picking a phone, it'll be used as a secondary phone, don't want to spend too much

Craiigman

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Long story short, I've been switching between iOS and Android over the past year and honestly keep buying and selling phones each time is becoming a pain. Before anyone gets all crazy fan boy, I like both, end of story.

Right now I am using an iPhone 5, but am looking to get an Android phone as well. However I don't really want to spend too much because it'll be used mainly as a secondary phone when I'm bored of iOS. But I do want it to be good enough to replace the iPhone if need be.

I've tried using an Android tablet, I had a Nexus 7, but it wasn't what I wanted, it didn't offer the experience I was looking for, which was a phone experience really.

I've looked over my options, and based on the price I want to pay. I have Nexus 4, HTC One Mini (Probably the highest amount I am willing to pay, UK have it listed at ?380 at the moment), Moto X (Rumours are it'll be similar price to Nexus 4) and well thats about it.

Now I've been contemplating getting a Nexus 4 since it came out, however it's gotten very mixed reviews, some people seem to love it, while others have issues and while it has specs of a more expensive phone, you can tell it is a cheaper device.

Since the HTC One Mini was announced a little while ago, I was instantly drawn to it, because I've been interested in it's bigger brother since it came out, but since I had only just got my iPhone 5 again at the time, I couldn't switch again. However upon looking at it's specs, while on paper are similar to the iPhone 5 (can someone confirm this), compared to the Nexus 4 (on paper) it doesn't stack up, and is looking to be a fair amount more expensive. I also think the 4.3" screen size is better for me (even though I did have a Note 2 and didn't mind the size at all)
The Moto X is still a little way away, but rumours do suggest a cheaper price point (compared to the HTC One, iPhone 5 and S4). However nothing is confirmed, will have to wait till August 1st I guess.

TL;DR - Looking for a cheap, but decent Android phone that I can switch using between my iPhone 5. I would say ?380 is probably my limit on price. Can someone help me decide? Nexus 4 on paper is best option, but some mixed reviews. Other option seems to be HTC One Mini, but may not have good enough specs. Moto X rumoured to be a cheaper mid-range device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay